“Beautiful Hotel”

The Park Central San Francisco
Ranked #63 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very, very, very nice hotel. Loved the views from my room and the floor to ceiling windows. I was there for business and didn't get in until very late at night and since this was my first time to SF I was advised this was a good part of town. There are nicer areas to stay in but this served me just fine. The staff was super nice and helpful as well. And there is a Starbucks right across the street which was very helpful in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I spent one night at the Westin for business. I got a very good last minute price. Despite the fact that the price was based on a lower floor (4-7), I was given a room on the 12th floor. It's a joy not having a room overlooking the a/c equipment for a change.

The hotel is near, but not on Union Square. I'd still call it a very good location. It's very very close to all forms of transportation. I came into town on the Caltrain and caught the #30 bus to the front door of the hotel for $2.00. The #45 bus will do the same job. The BART, Cable Cars, Trolleys and many buses are within easy reach. The hotel is just below Market Street in the SOMA district. It's across the street from the MOMASF and very near the Moscone Center. Union Square is up a small hill. You could spend your whole vacation in this neighborhood. Food, shops and entertainment as well as the Financial District and the Embarcadero are all walkable.
The hotel lobby is glamorous and nicely decorated. It features a bar, and a restaurant. Both looked inviting. The restaurant provides grab and go breakfast in the morning, but there are also a number of bakeries on Market street that do the same. I did not have a chance to check out the gym or other amenities, as I arrived late in the evening. I'm sure they were up to the standards and quality of the rest of the hotel. A note about Market Street. It's not my favorite street. The farther west you go, the more unpleasant it becomes with homeless people, criminals, drug addicts, etc. The Westin is at the good end of Market Street, but every now and then you might run into a less than wholesome citizen. If you do feel like going for a walk or run on Market, I'd recommend not passing Powell Street. But I digress.
Back to the hotel:
The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating.
The room was nice. Not big, not small. The decor was modern and the room was clean. The in-room Starbucks was appreciated, and actually, not bad. Usually hotel versions of coffee are pretty watered down. (There is also a real Starbucks just across the street). Typical of Westin, both the fridge and mini bar were rigged so that if you touch the food, you buy it. At least this one, unlike the last Westin I stayed in, clearly labeled the fact that you would be charged if you touched any food or beverages, and it also had a 10 second delay so you could quickly put the item back. The room featured the standard mega tv, computer desk, safe, iron/ironing board etc. The toiletries were nice, but nothing to swoon over. My main complaint would be the size of the toilet/bathtub room. (The sink was outside that room). The toilet/tub room was very small and dimly lit. My current house does not have a bathtub, so when I go to hotels, I go armed with luxurious bath products so I can have a nice soak. But I didn't really want to spend any time at all in the tiny room, so I just went with the utilitarian shower.
The bed was very comfortable, with a pillow top mattress, great pillows and a lovely comforter. The clock radio was fairly easy to figure out, but a little bright. I had to get up in the night and put a towel over it. It was lighting up the room.
Also Westin policy, the hotel charged for internet access. $14.95. From reading the website, it seemed like they didn't even have complimentary access in the lobby, but I won't swear by that.
It would be so nice of them to not charge for wireless internet. They should really consider that.

In summary, it was a good, comfortable, clean hotel, in a good location. Don't take my comments as complaints. I'm just stating facts. I try to talk about things I would be interested in knowing when before I try a new hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms facing 3rd Street might be a little noisier than the rooms on the other side.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Intrepid_Traveler13
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for a conference. Excellent location with great city/bay views, so ask for a high floor to fully appreciate. Right next to beautiful old St. Patrick's church and the Yerba Buena Gardens with really cool MLK Jr. Waterfall installation. Also very close to a small "mall" which features movie theather, places to eat, and a "City" Target. Close to several Starbucks, bars, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a great Westin with quick access to highway for airport return. Well located for dinner in Union Square, Nob Hill and many other great San Francisco neighborhoods. The hotel restaurant is great too. I found this hotel on Hotel's Tonight for a fantastic bargain. The staff is super accommodating and friendly. This is also within walking distance to Moscone Center.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, Manager at The Park Central San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for choosing The Westin San Francisco Market Street. It is a delight to hear that our convenient location helped make your stay remarkable. San Francisco has so much to offer a visitor; from delectable cuisine, to breathtaking attractions, to cultural activities, there is something for everyone. Thank you for acknowledging our hardworking associates, customer service is of utmost importance to us here at the Westin and we are pleased to hear our associates enhanced your experience. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel was simply great. The trip was for my birthday with some close friends of mine. We booked a Premier Corner room with King Bed. Room was located on 33rd floor reserved for Starwood Preferred Guest's and the view was absolutely breathtaking. Room and the view weren't the only thing that was great about this hotel. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Charity (AMAZING customer service) was the person that checked us in and was just simply great and extremely helpful throughout our stay. 2nd night we were there we requested a roll-away bed (no extra charge) and it was an actual bed not just typical folded mattress you see at most hotel. Both beds were extremely comfortable, shower had two shower heads so that was nice as well. Room that we have was very roomy and with the king size bed and a roll-away bed we still had plenty of room.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise and the view is better. Because of hotels location in financial distri...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Westin San Francisco Market Street is smack in the middle of everything you might want to do in San Francisco. If you walk a couple of blocks you can catch the famous Cable Car, both lines are close by, or you can just stroll over to Chinatown. It's only a short walk. You also have the Westfield shopping center, the Yerba Buena Center for the arts is close by as are movie theaters and a fabulous amount of shopping. Or, you can just stay in the hotel and let the wonderful staff take care of you!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location but overall not a Westin property in my view. Lacks a SPG Clubroom, does not have a very good gym, no swimming pool. Entry is messy and classless. Rooms are OK even though I think shower curtains are not acceptable anno 2013.

• Stayed: March 2013