My parents (for business) and I (for fun) stayed at Westin San Francisco Market Street for 4 nights at the end of October. The reservation was in my name, but my flight was getting in after my parents, so I was a little worried about issues with checking in and room upgrade (gold status with SPG). I shouldn't have as the check in process was smooth and upgrade was offered without having to request it.
Hotel is close to SFO airport. It took me 55 minutes sharp plane door to hotel room door by taking BART (there is a station within a block from hotel) and 25-30 minutes by cab ($40-50).
The room was nice, clean, and spacious (though a bit outdated) and perfectly suitable for business trip. The . Because of the upgrade it was located on a high floor reserved for SPG members and had a beautiful view of downtown SF with the bay and Alcatraz in the background. Beds were amazing and very comfortable to sleep in.
There is a gym, which has all the necessary equipment, but it's nothing to write home about. However, Westin partnered up with Four Seasons to provide daily gym passes ($27/day). FS gym description looked awesome.
There were several small annoyances, but the management fixed them all (some sooner, some later).
1) TV. Sound worked fine, but there was no video. We complained several times, and hotel promised to send an engineer to fix the problem, but he never showed up. Manager was apologetic about the problem and offered 2500 SPG points as compensation.
2) Internet fee ($15/day). Is it really necessary to charge $15/day internet fee in this day and age? I complained and the charge disappeared from the final bill. YMMV.
3) Aggressive maids. I think they started banging on the door each morning at 8am.
As I mentioned before, all the issues were solved (I wonder if Gold SPG status mattered?) and I received several emails from different managers making sure everything was OK.
Do choose this hotel for it's amazing location and high quality service. That said, Palace Hotel, which is next door (also part of Starwood network, but under Luxury Collection brand), offers rooms for the same price as Westin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE SOMA SAN FRANCISCO HOTEL UPDATED AND UNSURPASSED Downtown convenience. Inspired hospitality. Complete comfort. It all comes together at the Park Central San Francisco Hotel - located amidst our city's most popular sights and venues. Our newly re-imagined hotel elevates the standard of excellence in luxury hotels in San Francisco, while celebrating the timeless art of hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Starwood, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Park Central Hotel San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin San Francisco Market Street Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Westin