“More than a cruise...”

$40.00*
San Francisco Bridge-to-Bridge Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Founded in 1892, the family-owned Red and White Fleet is San Francisco's original sightseeing adventure and only multilingual sightseeing cruise. All of Red and White Fleet's cruises depart from Pier 43½ at the end of Taylor Street, in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf.Sail under the Golden Gate and around Alcatraz aboard the 1-hr Golden Gate Bay Cruise featuring headphone audio about San Francisco sights and history in 12 languages; 8-12 daily cruises starting at 10AM. Or enjoy amazing sunset views, live music and hearty appetizers aboard the relaxed 2-hr California Sunset Cruise with sailings from April-October. Winter departures are offered aboard the California Twilight Cruise from November through March.The 90-min Bridge 2 Bridge Cruise promises spectacular views of the entire San Francisco skyline, from the Golden Gate Bridge all the way to the Bay Bridge with year-round sailings. Tours feature headphone audio in 12 languages.Red and White Fleet also offers a variety of tours on land for sale, from hop-on hop-off tours, to motor coach excursions to the Napa & Sonoma Wine Country, Monterey & Carmel, Muir Woods & Sausalito, and Yosemite.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We took the Bridge to Bridge Cruise at 4:20pm. It was so much more than a cruise. The information imparted over the headsets was fascinating. I've lived in the area since I was a child, but I didn't know much of what was imparted. My husband, being a history buff, was mesmerized. Then you have the view, what can be said about being beneath the Golden Gate, simply breathtaking....and it was a foggy day...imagine if it were sunny? The Bay Bridge was also beautiful. I've always said SF is the "most beautiful city" and the two bridges are the parentheses. The Red and White Fleet has been in business since 1892, and it's customer service and knowledge is proof of it's longevity. Take the cruise!!!

There are newer reviews for Red and White Fleet

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I recently took a group of out of town guests on the one hour tour and it was great! I didn't have high expectations being a local... But the tour hit all of the major sights a had a good audio guide, which was a nice surprise.

Even in a cool day it was pleasant to sit outside. The side benches on the second level were not too windy.

The only downfall, if you sit on the wrong side of the boat the audio guide is explaining the sights that are behind you! But it's easy to move!

A fun trip for all ages!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Although I am a four daughter dad, I take each of my daughters on a special Daddy-daughter trip, and this trip with one of my daughters was highlighted by a fireworks cruise on the 4th July with the Red and White Fleet in San Francisco.

The overall experience was awesome to say the least. Our boat left the dock at 7:45pm and the fireworks didn't start until 9:30, so we had an almost 2 hour cruise into McCovey Cove at AT&T Park, back out almost all the way to the Golden Gate Bridge and back to the Fisherman's Wharf where the firework show was. The views of the San Francisco Skyline at sunset were amazing! Our Captian, Bob, put our boat right in between the two barges that the fireworks were being launched and the show was great. The cost of the cruise included a free drink, and my daughter and I enjoyed a nice hot cup of cocoa.

Now, for me the overall experience was great, but there were a few things that might be an issue to some, specifically if you are looking into a firworks cruise on the 4th of July.

First, the boats were Full. If you are one of the last people on the boat, the only seats left will be on the lower deck inside. My daughter and I did not want to be inside, so we went outside and had to stand along the side due to all the seats being full. We ended up standing the whole cruise because we could see everything better anyway. By the time the fireworks started, most everyone was standing anyway. Standing the whole time did not bother myself or my daughter as we were too excited about the sights all around us.

The other issues have NOTHING to do with the Red and White Feet, but I mention them as a cautionary note, if you are planning a firework cruise...

Fireworks and the docks are all at Fisherman's Wharf, and it is VERY crowded and busy. Get there early and plan to spend the day there, otherwise you will have a very difficult time finding parking. I was able to find a spot and we spent the afternoon there. At the end of the night after the fireworks, we got to our car around 10:30, but due to the crowded streets, we did not get out of the parking garage until 12:15. Bring a lot of patience.

The other thing is weather. My daughter and I were prepaired, but I noticed some others who were not. It can get very cold out on the bay, so have some warm clothes ready.

As for the Red and White Fleet, my overall experience was great. I would reccomend them.

2  Thank 4_Daughter_Dad
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great boat ride out into the bay that afforded my girlfriend and I the best pictures of Golden Gate Bridge and surrounding areas that we have.

Critique would be the headset history lesson was static laden at times although I would highly recommend this trip either way.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Took my visiting niece on the one hour boat tour of the bay with Red and white boat. Got tickets ahead of time on line for 50% discount. Great buy, you reserve a day and then pick up your tickets for the specific boat tour. Plenty of room to sit or stand inside or outside of the boat. We started out on the left side of the boat and moved over to the right side toward the end to look at Alcatrez up close. A great use of an hour at "sea".