“Good cruise but the speakers need to be fixed”

Red and White Fleet
$40.00*
San Francisco Bridge-to-Bridge Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Founded in 1892, the family-owned Red and White Fleet is San Francisco's original sightseeing adventure and only multilingual sightseeing cruise. All of Red and White Fleet's cruises depart from Pier 43½ at the end of Taylor Street, in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf.Sail under the Golden Gate and around Alcatraz aboard the 1-hr Golden Gate Bay Cruise featuring headphone audio about San Francisco sights and history in 12 languages; 8-12 daily cruises starting at 10AM. Or enjoy amazing sunset views, live music and hearty appetizers aboard the relaxed 2-hr California Sunset Cruise with sailings from April-October. Winter departures are offered aboard the California Twilight Cruise from November through March.The 90-min Bridge 2 Bridge Cruise promises spectacular views of the entire San Francisco skyline, from the Golden Gate Bridge all the way to the Bay Bridge with year-round sailings. Tours feature headphone audio in 12 languages.Red and White Fleet also offers a variety of tours on land for sale, from hop-on hop-off tours, to motor coach excursions to the Napa & Sonoma Wine Country, Monterey & Carmel, Muir Woods & Sausalito, and Yosemite.
Port Coquitlam, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good cruise but the speakers need to be fixed”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I'll start with the negative, and there's only one. We sat on the main deck and the speakers didn't work. We could hardly hear what was being said and it's unfortunate because we would have liked to have known what we were near and the history. The staff were very friendly and more than willing to take our pictures for us. The food was more than I expected. I thought it would be a tray of cheese, crackers and fruit and that's it but there was a variety of sandwiches, some dips and a variety of desserts. I would recommend the sunset cruise but maybe try sitting upstairs and see if the sound system is better.

Visited April 2011

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Ellensburg, Washington
“Great with young kids”
Reviewed March 23, 2011

The golden gate bridge trip was perfect for two young kids. Friendly staff. The gal In the ticket booth could use a course in on time procedures. She kept a long line of customers waiting for no good reason. I got a deal on the fares or I doubt I would have paid full price.
Rain or shine because the boat has indoor seating.

Visited March 2011
St, Paul, MN
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Tour was okay, picture opportunities were great”
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I went on the Golden Gate Bay Cruise. This is a boat tour that has the commentary provided via headphones in many different languages. This is standard fare that points out the usual landmarks that one can see from the bay.

The tour starts at Pier 43 1/2 and sails along the Marina neighborhood, past the Presidio and then turns around under the bridge before returning to the pier by way of circling Alcatrez. Our group had some flexibility, and thus at the recommendation of a gentleman assisting with the cruises, we arrived after 4:00 for our tour. I had noted that there were tour buses lined up for earlier sailings with long lines to board. For the 4:15 cruise, the amount of people boarding was much more moderate.

The cruise itself wasn't anything special. All of the same information can easily be located in guidebooks or tourism information about San Franciso. Quite a bit of the time, I was quietly resting as the boat moved along it's course.

However, I generally like to go on such cruises for photo opportunities. I was not disappointed with the views of San Francisco from the water and some of the different angles I was able to get taking pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge.

1 Thank KCtheExplorer
Pasadena, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fleet Week Cruise was AMAZING!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Saturday October 9, 2010 / 2:00pm

This was an amazing event!! This was our first time and we didn't know quite what to expect but this Cruise with the Blue Angels performing right over our heads was phenomenal!! The staff aboard was wonderful and very friendly. Our family of four- including our visiting parents- absolutely loved it. My Dad said, "it just doesn't get any better than this!" Our only advice is that you don't eat lunch before this 2 PM event. We were aware that there would be a drink and appetizers included with our ticket but we were totally unprepared for the feast that awaited us. Beautiful presentation and delicious sandwiches, cheese, fruit, desserts. We highly recommend this wonderful adventure!!!

1 Thank kittiekat
Ambler, Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great way to see the Bay and Golden Gate”
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Took the Bay cruise and really enjoyed it. Headsets provided great narration as we passed the various sights andneighborhoods. A little static on the headsets at times but overall well worth the price.