“Overall Average”

Presidio Social Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Presidio Social Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #390 of 5,715 Restaurants in San Francisco
Transit: Muni 28, 29, 41, 43, 45 and all SF Golden Gate Transit except 50
Oakland, California
“Overall Average”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Three adult friends and I dined here last week.I know the percentage of profit for most restaurant is very low but they need to put a little money into heating to maintain a comfortable temperature for their patrons.It was so cold inside I had to keep bundled up the entire time.Despite our best manners and appropriate attire ,our server could not have been smugger.I find it annoying when my waiter acts like he is doing me a big favor by taking an order, although by dessert he had thawed from glacial to a light frost.I have waited tables so I am aware of appropriate behavior for both patron and staff.As our reservation was at 7:30 it wasn't like we were holding up closing time.Anyway ....food.Portions were ample , served hot and definitely of the comfort style.I had the meatloaf , which surprised me because I normally avoid beef.It was so good that I thought about it off and on for the next week.In all everyone enjoyed their meal but overall the experience was chilly.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
“Very Good Food and Very Good Service”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Came here with a friend for dinner. This is a carnivore's sanctuary! Each night the restaurant features a different meat (pork, chicken, veal, steak, etc.) The service is awesome here--friendly, knowledgeable, and well-paced. As an aside, since the Presidio is on Federal land, Foie Gras is available. It was prepared perfectly with a sweet raspberry reduction that went perfectly with the dessert wine with which we paired it. It would've been nice to see more seafood options, but the execution of the dishes was great. We'd definitely go back, and highly recommend for a date--the setting is intimate and the tables are spaced far enough apart for good conversation.

• Visited January 2014
Moraga, California
“Good food in an historic building”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is a fun place to eat in the Presidio. We were staying at the Inn at the Presidio, so it was within easy walking distance. The food was good and the atmosphere was lively on a Saturday evening.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank calgrads
Charleston, South Carolina
“Delish!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Every aspect of our late afternoon lunch here was wonderful from the service to the quality of the food/drinks. The oysters were divine, the butternut squash soup was just perfect- this is a wonderful gem!

Visited November 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Convenient to the Presidio, good parking & very good food, but can be noisy”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My wife and I ate here on the Friday night of Thanksgiving weekend. Caught in traffic returning to the city, we called to say that we would arrive an hour or two after our reservation. The restaurant was very accommodating and was able fit us in once we did arrive. I had liver and onions; the liver was very good, but it wasn't smothered with gravy and onions the way my mother used to serve it (this may be my my problem) My wife had the fish special - broiled sole with garlic, parsley and lemon - that was outstanding! The restaurant was comfortably crowded. With tables close to each other, it was annoying to have a loud-speaking person in each of the two groups having dinner on either side of us. This restaurant was established about six years ago in one of the enlisted men's barracks. It has been nicely done. We will likely return on our next trip to San Francisco. How many restaurants in San Fran can you simply drive up to and park? You can here.

• Visited November 2013