“Balmy in Bernal”
Review of Tours By Lily

Tours By Lily
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours By Lily offers small-group walking and public transportation tours of San Francisco, visiting the lesser known areas of the City and exploring the hidden gems of SF. Tours By Lily offers tours in: the Mission, Chinatown, Bernal Heights, Haight-Ashbury, North Beach and Pier 39. Tours include walking tours, food tours and all-day exploration tours.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Lily is uber friendly and easy to talk to. She offered insight to the meaning of the murals she showed us and gave us enough time to really look at them. The hike was not too difficult and the weather was supurb, so we got the best view of the city!!! Lily answered all our questions and offered further assistance when the tour was over. I will be touring with Lily again soon!

1  Thank Jo T

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Lily took us on a food tour and we had an excellent time. My sister in law couldn't eat the sushi, so Lily made sure that she got something else that was extra yummy to nosh on during that part. Lily is very knowledgable about the histories of the restaurants, neighborhood, and the beautiful murals that we saw. Between tastings, we went to different murals and she told us about them. That was nice, because we were able to digest and exercise a bit, arriving hungry for the next taste! There was a wide variety of food from all over the world. Lily has a warm, casual personality and she is very flexible in order to accommodate your needs. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Danielle S
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Neither my 27 year old son nor I had visited San Francisco. I recently moved to Monterey, Ca. and he came out and visited from our home state of Florida. The walking tour with Lilly was great. She assisted in giving me directions on how to get to the meeting location from Monterey and was very flexible, patient, and easy to get along with from 1st contact and until the conclusion of the tour. Lilly made our visit meaningful by explaining area history and current events affecting San Francisco. Her knowledge and easy going demeanor made the tour an outstanding and meaningful experience. I never felt rushed. Our tour included China Town, Eye Murals, Philz Coffee Shop, a trolley ride,sailing in the bay and much more. The food was great and price was very reasonable (no hidden costs). My daughter will be visiting soon and I hope to book another tour with Lilly if she is available. Thanks Lilly for the great experience.

Alan K.
Seaside, California

1  Thank Alan K
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Lily's tour of the mission was the highlight of our month! My husband and I decided to take a couple days off and stick around the city to experience things we've always wanted to do, but never had the time for. We dropped our kids off with the sitter, and met Lily for an afternoon food tour in the Mission. We thought we would just be eating food, but we loved learning more about the history of San Francisco. Our tour included a trip down Balmy Avenue, where Lily took the time to explain the stories that were depicted in many of the murals. She was clearly very knowledgeable about the city's past.

The food portion of the tour was also great. We tried a nice variety of foods: coffee, sushi, brats, tacos, ice cream. Combined, the food stops really gave a great feel for both the history of the Mission and the up and coming new places in this neighborhood. The food was delicious, but I really liked the fact that at many of the establishments, we got a chance to meet the proprietors or chef and hear them talk about their restaurants. Lily had coordinated with many of the places beforehand, so they were ready for us when we arrived.

Lily was easy to work with and accommodating of our schedules. The per person fee for the tour was very reasonable and completely worth it. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants a real taste of both the old and the new Mission!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I toured with Lily in April, I chose the “Haight to Heights” tour and I was wonderfully surprised with what I learned and the beautiful views of the city from Buena Vista Park. I have visited Haight/Ashbusry area in the past, but was able to see it in a new light with great history from Lily as we visited the many shops and beautiful Victorian houses all around the area. The walk up to Buena Vista was truly a great finish to the fun tour.

Touring with a local is truly the best way to see the “real” San Francisco.