“Very sophisticated ”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: South Beach
Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

Trou Normand was excellent and fun. The menu had different tastes in food and wine. I loved the charcuterie, the surprisingly good Lambrusco, the liqueurs, and dessert. The setting is cool too. A good SF experience.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 15, 2019

We stopped here for dinner after spending the day all over the city. It was a Saturday night after we had been to a Christmas party. We were appetizer-ed out. My daughters boyfriend called Trou Normond and they had tables available. The restaurant is French in nature but specializes in meat. They do meats very well. We saw some charcuterie plates delivered to others and they looked amazing but we were in the mood for a meal. I actually ate their hamburger and it was fantastic. Like most spots in SF, it is a bit pricey.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Attended a wedding reception here so menu was preselected. Drinks were good and came with friendly service. Appetizers before table service didn't do it for me which is why I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5. Dinner was served family style and was excellent. Good salads, especially the tomato, avocado and yogurt. Salmon, fillet mignon and roasted potatoes were delicious. Dessert was a puff pastry with powdered sugar and strawberry jam like topping; also very good.

I think the restaurant is pricey but I'm not sure. While everything was good I probably won't be going back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

The food (the charcuterie board!), the drinks, the staff and the atmosphere were all great. I already look forward to returning here

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

We were in search of a classy French style dining experience. I dont wanna sound snooty but this was a good relxed American approximation thereof.
I need to say too that I have eaten in some Top restaurants in France. I need also say that some of them are a lot cheaper than what we had to shell out on Thursday night.
In defence of Trou Normand, I would expect that they must have a heavy rental bill in that part of San Francisco ´s downtown real estate strip.
Price examples - $26 for 3 very small pieces of cheese, 1 bottle of very average Spanish „open wine“, $64 .
On the plus side the service was very good and the portions of the mains, generous.
This a meant eaters restaurant - good charcuterie and top grilled cuts.

Date of visit: December 2017