“Great evening”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: South Beach
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Attended a wedding reception here so menu was preselected. Drinks were good and came with friendly service. Appetizers before table service didn't do it for me which is why I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5. Dinner was served family style and was excellent. Good salads, especially the tomato, avocado and yogurt. Salmon, fillet mignon and roasted potatoes were delicious. Dessert was a puff pastry with powdered sugar and strawberry jam like topping; also very good.

I think the restaurant is pricey but I'm not sure. While everything was good I probably won't be going back.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

The food (the charcuterie board!), the drinks, the staff and the atmosphere were all great. I already look forward to returning here

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

We were in search of a classy French style dining experience. I dont wanna sound snooty but this was a good relxed American approximation thereof.
I need to say too that I have eaten in some Top restaurants in France. I need also say that some of them are a lot cheaper than what we had to shell out on Thursday night.
In defence of Trou Normand, I would expect that they must have a heavy rental bill in that part of San Francisco ´s downtown real estate strip.
Price examples - $26 for 3 very small pieces of cheese, 1 bottle of very average Spanish „open wine“, $64 .
On the plus side the service was very good and the portions of the mains, generous.
This a meant eaters restaurant - good charcuterie and top grilled cuts.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 10, 2017

I like Trou Normand. We dropped in for a light bite before visiting the MOMA. It was perfect for a light meal. Here’s why...

Food: The thing that drew me to Trou was the menu’s emphasis on Charcuterie plates a cheese. A bit odd to place such an emphasis on appetizer style food but it worked for us. We tried a suggested plate and a complimentary cheese and it was all good. A fun lunch. My drink was tasty if not a bit small.
Atmosphere: We sat in the small and a bit oddly shaped room by the bar. No complaints. A bit under decorated.
Service: Informative and attentive service. We felt well tended to.
Price: San Francisco is an expensive town, so we found the prices reasonable for the location.

The afternoon we ate there we found the crowd delightful. A recently engaged couple meeting friends. A couple on a date. A very nice place to meet friends.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Simply unbelievably tasty. Been here a number of times before but the Pork Chop really did it! Fantastic service on top of high quality food.

Date of visit: October 2017