“Wonderful Food and Service”
Review of Perbacco

Perbacco
Reserve with OpenTable
Perbacco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 5,666 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Battery
Transit: Bart: Montgomery station. Muni: Market and 1st St. stops.
New Orleans
“Wonderful Food and Service”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Perbacco is large and busy. It's popularity is well deserved. It's diverse menu is much more than Northern Italian. We went twice and did not have a single disappointment. Service was attentive and not pushy.

Visited February 2014

Concord, California
“Exceptional total dining experience”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great food is essential to a great dining experience. And this is true at Perbacco, where every dish we had was exceptional. Our choices included included the quail Breast with wild mushrooms and potato puree, the Tajarin (Tagliatelle with 5 hour pork and porini mushroom sugo), the Vegetable Ragout, Carne Cruda, burrata, white chocolate-giandula bar, and the Chocolate Sorbetto.

But, any really memorable dining experience includes much more than the food. And all of the elements were present at Perbacco. The ambiance was great with two dining levels. We sat on the second level overlooking the bar and dining area below. The décor was warm and inviting. But the most important element was the staff. Ben, our server, and Catherine, a manager, were friendly, accommodating, knowledgeable, patient, and made great food and wine recommendations. We also enjoyed speaking with Umberto (owner?). Prices were reasonable for this type of experience.

There is also a great wine list with mostly Italian wines

• Visited March 2014
Pennsylvania
“Eating gnocchi and squid at the bar can be special”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Generally when you eat at the bar it's because it's packed or you are alone or " thirsty."
In my case, it was early and we were tired from a long day of sight seeing and felt like grabbing an unpretentious bite. The bar tender was happy to oblige and the food was fresh and well prepared . They ran out of a simple salad which was on the menu. It seemed odd because of how early we ate. Never the less in many travels this " bar food " was excellent.

Visited March 2014
Singapore
“Great meal”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I was recommended to visit this restaurant which was really amazing. As I make my reservation primo to my arrival in sfo.

Arrive an hour earlier and seeing that they ve a bar, told the host that I would be happy to dine at the bar and she is very helpful and the leading host walk in front of me and thinking that she is ushering me but apparently it wasn't, but upon seated myself at the bar counter, Zac, the bartender was amazingly helpful with recommendation, told him I want something light and he recommended that I should try the herring started and ink pasta which is very good. He recommended I try the dessert which is some milk bread, also great. He recommend me a glass of Pinot, round and lush.
Overall I will be back if I am in sfo.

Visited March 2014
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Divine Italian”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Perbacco is one of the great restaurants in a city overflowing with them. Finest local ingredients combine with creative touches and amazing service. Longstanding status among the elite restaurants of SF with good reason.

• Visited February 2014