“Perfect”
Review of Perbacco

Perbacco
Reserve with OpenTable
Perbacco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Battery
Transit: Bart: Montgomery station. Muni: Market and 1st St. stops.
San Diego, California
“Perfect”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I love Perbacco for so many reasons-the space is comfortable, lighting is pleasant, acoutics perfect for enjoying conversation, service is excellent, real tasty cocktails plus a great wine list and of course the food is both pretty and delicious. Perbacco is also an amazingly great value and I appreciate the option of smaller portions which still are enough to share if you like exploring past a dish or two. The food is a little cleaner and simpler here-not overly manipulated on the plate or oversalted and the individual components were spectacular especially the uber fresh Hamachi Crudo and the Burratta. I would order the Burratta just for the gorgeous vegetables alongside and I loved how they repurposed the whey. Smart stuff.
Special date night, post work meetup or family style dining all work here and the atmosphere is calm and pleasant despite being super busy. The Dining area full of happy faces and forks crisscrossing the tables to taste what someone else was yummming and oooing over.

Annandale, Virginia
“Perfecto”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was invited to this restaurant for a business meeting and I think it was a fair choice because we were able to hear each other speak. The décor is modern and open but our table position was not ideal because my chair in the isle with people and waiters passing by. Other tables with bench seats looked very comfortable. I don't care for their coed bathrooms and I am surprised that women would put up with it.

The menu is printed for each day, so I am not sure what is truly special vs what is always on the menu. With a group of 4, we decide to split 2 dishes and then pick our own main course.

The wine list was extensive (and expensive) but the wine steward (I won't use Semmelier) was helpful in picking out two bottles that fit the meal perfectly. First was a Barbaresco that was around $80 and the second was a Barolo $125. Both were very good.

One was a fresh Agnolotti with a beef filling and beef dripping sauce. It was on the menu as "AGNOLOTTI DAL PIN - PASTA FILLED WITH ROASTED VITELLONE AND SAVOY CABBAGE / SUGO D'ARROSTO". This is the b.s that I am used to seeing at French restaurants. I don't think most people know what they are even ordering. Why not describe it more accurately? Oh well. The dish was excellent. Everyone liked it.

The second dish was a Risotto with Asparagus and Shrimp. I thought this dish could have been better. It was a bit bland. Probably could have used more cheese.

The main courses were Sea Scallops, Halibut, Quail, Rabbit, Duck Breast, Short Ribs and Pork Shoulder. Normally I would have jumped on the Short Ribs but choose the Sea Scallops instead. That was a mistake because the Short Ribs were excellent (according to our host) and my dish was just ok.

My dish had 5 roasted potato slices (1/2 thick) on the bottom, then layered sautéed spinach and mushrooms and then topped with seared scallops. It was cooked perfect but the Short ribs were calling me. My bad.

My overall impression was good. The service was good, the décor was good, the wine list extensive and the menu was unique and the food was first quality that was prepared well.

If you are looking for classic Italian, you need to go elsewhere. No meatballs here.

“Outstanding”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Thought we couldn't top our other meals on our California trip, but Perbacco was great! Outstanding service, including the sommelier. All our food was excellent and innovative. Busy and high energy at our table upstairs, but we could all converse normally.

Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
“Awesome Northern Italian”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Loved the Northern Italian cuisine. Rabbit is always on the menu along with all the dishses you may have had as a kid growing up in a home with Northern Italian parents.

Visited March 2013
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a company dinner and had private room upstairs. It was very nice and the food was excellent.

Our room was overlooking the kitchen, where you could see everything they were doing. When you walk it, it is quite loud, but less so upstairs. I would request upstairs seating when making a reservation.

I very much enjoyed this meal and would like to return on a future trip to San Fran.

It is pricey, but worth it in my opinion.