“Chef's Table is the Best Seat”
Review of Lark Creek Steak

Lark Creek Steak
Ranked #1,180 of 5,665 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: 5th Street (4th Floor of the San Francisco Centre)
Transit: Bart and Muni are convenient ways to travel to the Westfield San Francisco Centre. There is an entryway directly into the center at the Powell Street station.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Chef's Table is the Best Seat”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I went here on Valentine's day, but not to celebrate Valentine's day. I was traveling for business and was looking for a nice place close to the Marriott Marquis. I didn't have a reservation, but was seated at the chef's table because it was early before reservations would arrive. I enjoyed watching the food prep process - kind of felt like I was on a Food Network show. The petite filet was very petite for the price, but it was delicious. I also had a $9 salad (with walnuts and blue cheese) which was very good.

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Walnut Creek, CA
“Very Good”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had dinner last night after attending the theater. I had the pre fixe steak dinner at $49. Nice small salad, perfectly cooked medium rare New York and a fabulous dessert - chocolate mousse with cookie crumbles and house mad marshmallows. My wife had sole topped with crab and a side of brussel sprouts. Service was professional and the restaurant was beautiful. We'll be back.

• Visited February 2013
Walnut Creek
“Consistently excellent service and food. Great ambiance- you can actually talk and hear!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

One of the reasons Lark Creek Steak remains high on my list of favorites is because of it's consistently good food and superb service. Another reason is the ambiance of the dining room. Since I often dine before going to the theater, I appreciate reservations are taken and honored. Tables at the end opposite the open kitchen are the quietest for groups of 6 or more. The booths (for parties of 4 or less) provide a wonderful environment for conversation as well.
For lunch, I particularly recommend the mushroom burger.

5 Thank BillyTraveler
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Perfect steak but skimpy salad”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We ordered a porterhouse steak for two and it was perfect in all respects. I cant think of any way this steak could be improved. Everything is ala carte so we also ordered Caesar salads. For $10 each we received a few leaves of Romaine with a tiny amount of extra finely grated Parmesan ( I had asked them to hold the croutons). I could have made this salad at home for about 10 cents instead of ten dollars. Our waiter was as perfect as the steak; attentive and knowledgable but not obtrusive. He even handled my special drink request even though it was not on the menu. I can't give Lark Creek 5 stars because the ambiance was not great, and being in a busy mall didn't help with the ambiance. That extremely skimpy salad is another reason for 4 stars instead of 5. But if you are a true devotee of steak, you will want to try this place.

Johannesburg
“Consistently good”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The food is fresh and inspiring and the service superb. I have dined here on numerous occassions and notice their servers stay. Single dining or more - you are always welcome. Their homemade lemonade is beautfiully presented and quite a treat...I try to make sure it is always on the list of places to visit.