“Great steaks!”

Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: 5th Street (4th Floor of the San Francisco Centre)
Transit: Bart and Muni are convenient ways to travel to the Westfield San Francisco Centre. There is an entryway directly into the center at the Powell Street station.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were recommended this restaurant by the concierge in our nearby hotel...would not have found it otherwise, as it's on the 4th floor of a shopping mall. This unlikely venue was actually very pleasant, and served up great tasty deliciously grilled steaks. The filet was meltingly tender, cooked to perfection, with very good Bernaise sauce and creamed spinach. Nice selection of non alcoholic cocktails and drinks.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Had enjoyable dinner in this lovely haven hidden in a shopping mall. Good steak selection, delicious fresh vegetables, good wine selections too. Meal began with complimentary cup of delicious mushroom soup. Attentive service.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We enjoyed a 3-course prix fixe menu that was worth the price ($49.95). The steak was cooked as requested, the mashed potato side dish was good and they even brought out a small tasting of mushroom soup, complements of the chef. The red wine selection was extensive and our server did a great job helping us choose a wine we ended up really enjoying. This made for a great post-race (Nike Women's Marathon) meal.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were in San Francisco for a week and ate here twice. We had such a great meal on a Sunday night and then returned the following Wednesday when we had a poor meal resulting in an overall rating of average. On the Sunday night we had a fabulous prime rib dinner done to perfection for what we considered a reasonable price. On the Wednesday when prime rib is not available we both had steak. My steak was one of the worst and toughest pieces of new york steak that I had ever been served. I sent it back and it was replaced with something suitable. However, it took so long to have them grill another steak that my husband was finished his dinner and was sitting there with nothing more to eat while I was having my dinner. The cost of the steak dinner and individual sides was very expensive for what you got. I would probably try another steakhouse if ever back in San Francisco.

1  Thank OskieTor
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Coming from Alberta Canada, I must admit I am a "Steak Snob" as I am used to AAA grain fed beef. My wife talked me into having lunch at Lark Creek Steak as she heard they had the best hamburgers in San Francisco. As usual, she was right as I got to eat half her mushroom burger. (Too big for her to finish). I had the 6 oz tenderloin, cooked rare of course and the button mushrooms. The Chef knows how to cook a rare steak so it's warm on the inside, yet red and beautifully grilled on the outside. Six different sauces were offered with it, but not required as the meat was perfect on its own. I could have used my butter knife to cut the meat. The service was excellent as well, thanks Trevor.