“We were here as part of a group from a Mauiva Air Cruise”
Review of Santorini - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Powell St.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were told not to expect too much, so it was a nice surprise to find a simple Mediterranean style restaurant. It was like entering another world after Pier 39 . The menu was a mixture of Mediterranean dishes, but we all got something that suited us. My dish was called spicy and it certainly was. I enjoyed it. The staff were anxious to get everything right for us and went out of their way to make sure that everyone was happy. Not easy with such a large group of individuals! We enjoyed our visit to Santorini!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had dinner in this establishment. The place is supposed to have a mediterranean cousin.
As people from the mediterranean area and familial with the different food around the mediterranean sea (Italy, greece, Israel, Egypt, Tunisia and Marocco)
We found a strange interpetation of american based cousin with some mediterranean influence.
Quite a dissapointment.
There are much better choices just a few steps away.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just left the restaurant after an ok meal. Please don't expect Greek food as its not but the food served was ok - I had souvlaki and hubby steak. Issues - The mashed potato had large lumps in it (not the garlic pieces) and the veg was very hard - I think the veg had only been shown the steamer!

The service was good and pleasant but the place wasn't busy - probably put off by the dodgy pianist. I also didn't like the tip converter on the bill card - not a way to get extra out of me...

Overall easy food but no fanfare.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stopped by for an early dinner on Sunday evening. The restaurant was quite empty, only people at 3 tables, but we figured it was early. Service was prompt and attentive (with only one waitress at this time, but so few tables, I wouldn't have expected any less). We ordered the Santorini Island Platter, that was accompanied by warm pita bread. The hummus, babaghanoosh, and Tabbuleh were fresh and attractively presented. The single dolma was fully stuffed and actually warm (which was a pleasant surprise). (We would have appreciated two, since our waitress knew we were splitting the platter. But, we cut it in half and shared. We were quite full when we finished the appetizer, but then came our entree salads. The apple, walnut, blue cheese salad with hearts of romaine, was dinner plate sized, with lots of blue cheese, adequate chunks of apple, walnuts, and cranberries. The creamy balsamic dressing, served on the side as requested was very pleasing. We would have ordered iced tea, but it was from the soda machine and we prefer brewed. The Greek salad was served with romaine, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta, kalamata olives, and onions. We requested no onions, and that was observed. The lemon mint dressing served on the side for us, was not as satisfying as we had hoped, so we requested the balsamic. My daughter also would have liked more feta on the salad. We had to have the baklava for dessert (which we also split, and wished we hadn't.) It was served warm and was made primarily from pistashios and was the best baklava we have ever had. If we come back again, we probably will have just an appetizer and dessert. There were many items on the dessert menu that looked wonderful, and they were not overpriced.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were staying at the Hilton down the block and stopped here for lunch. It was pretty empty -- not a good sign. The service was slow. I had the Gyro sandwich (which comes with mozzarella -- not a good sign -- that I asked them to not include) and it was bland and a little greasy. My daughter had a "greek burger" which was the lunch version of Adona Kebob but not advertised as such. She said it was "okay". Others had items I don't recall except they did not finish them.