“Ok but not enthused..”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Powell St.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just left the restaurant after an ok meal. Please don't expect Greek food as its not but the food served was ok - I had souvlaki and hubby steak. Issues - The mashed potato had large lumps in it (not the garlic pieces) and the veg was very hard - I think the veg had only been shown the steamer!

The service was good and pleasant but the place wasn't busy - probably put off by the dodgy pianist. I also didn't like the tip converter on the bill card - not a way to get extra out of me...

Overall easy food but no fanfare.

There are newer reviews for Santorini

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stopped by for an early dinner on Sunday evening. The restaurant was quite empty, only people at 3 tables, but we figured it was early. Service was prompt and attentive (with only one waitress at this time, but so few tables, I wouldn't have expected any less). We ordered the Santorini Island Platter, that was accompanied by warm pita bread. The hummus, babaghanoosh, and Tabbuleh were fresh and attractively presented. The single dolma was fully stuffed and actually warm (which was a pleasant surprise). (We would have appreciated two, since our waitress knew we were splitting the platter. But, we cut it in half and shared. We were quite full when we finished the appetizer, but then came our entree salads. The apple, walnut, blue cheese salad with hearts of romaine, was dinner plate sized, with lots of blue cheese, adequate chunks of apple, walnuts, and cranberries. The creamy balsamic dressing, served on the side as requested was very pleasing. We would have ordered iced tea, but it was from the soda machine and we prefer brewed. The Greek salad was served with romaine, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta, kalamata olives, and onions. We requested no onions, and that was observed. The lemon mint dressing served on the side for us, was not as satisfying as we had hoped, so we requested the balsamic. My daughter also would have liked more feta on the salad. We had to have the baklava for dessert (which we also split, and wished we hadn't.) It was served warm and was made primarily from pistashios and was the best baklava we have ever had. If we come back again, we probably will have just an appetizer and dessert. There were many items on the dessert menu that looked wonderful, and they were not overpriced.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were staying at the Hilton down the block and stopped here for lunch. It was pretty empty -- not a good sign. The service was slow. I had the Gyro sandwich (which comes with mozzarella -- not a good sign -- that I asked them to not include) and it was bland and a little greasy. My daughter had a "greek burger" which was the lunch version of Adona Kebob but not advertised as such. She said it was "okay". Others had items I don't recall except they did not finish them.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Visited for 2nd time and was pleased to have the seat by the window again. Was there on a Friday evening, many open tables, no wait. Atmosphere is serene and enjoyable. Staff was very pleasant and friendly. Wine selection and Santorini Island Platter were excellent. However, the Chicken Souvlakia was dry and rubber-like, was not prepared the same as last visit. They also have a perfect selection of small desserts.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I really wanted some good home-cooked Greek food, but the food here was so processed and maicrowaved.... Greece would be ashamed! Avoid!!