“fantastic Yemeni fusion”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hyde & Larkin
Transit: #2,3,4
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We absolutely loved Saha. So much so that we would have gone back for dinner again if we'd had the opportunity! Our server Ryan was super adorable and very helpful in guiding our ordering. We shared a bottle from a Lodi winery called St. Amant (beautiful), and also shared an appetizer of hummus, made in the Yemeni/Israeli style, which is more lemony than garlicky, and totally delicious. We followed that with the mushroom pate (omg, so good), the stuffed avocado (even better). As a vegetarian, I was beyond happy, but my dinner companion is an omnivore and was equally delighted. I wish I could go there for dinner tonight!

1  Thank girl_from_vancity
There are newer reviews for Saha

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We enjoyed the meal. Grilled minced lamb was charred nicely. Salmon Baklava was interesting, even if a little sweet. Artichoke and crab was tasty with a cinnamon sauce underneath. Desserts were very good. All in all, it was a very good meal.

It's a very small room and it gets LOUD. And the service was inconsistent. The waiter looked like he was in the weeds. Small plates came out instantly (almost like they used a steam table in back.) but desserts took forever. We almost left before dessert. And they ran out of sparkling water, lemons and limes by 8:45! Strange.

2  Thank CreekmoreWorld
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Saha is a gem hidden in the the Carlton Hotel on Sutter Street. We like Middle Eastern food but had never tried Yemeni food before. The menu had one or two familiar dishes but there were many that were new to us. Our server was helpful and she made some excellent recommendations. A small item was the tasty Moroccan bread that nicely complimented our meal. Our dinner was at Saha was a delight and I highly recommend it.

2  Thank UKExpat1
Reviewed May 9, 2013

A treasured stop when we're in SFO. Great room, great vibe, excellent food, masterful service. Located just off the lobby of fantastic old hotel go and park yourself in one of their comfy booths and let them spoil you rotten. Have been there with 4-guests and as many as 12, always treated with the best hospitality. Be sure to check out the bathroom, it's got a tub & shower stall!

1  Thank Jonathan A
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was in town for a conference, and way staying at the Hotel Carlton (as I very much enjoy the Joi de Vive chain). Saha is a lovely Arabic/fusion restaurant on its first floor, and to make my trip easy I made a reservation here for the first night. What a treat! Diners were excited about the meals and were asking each other what they were eating -- something I rarely find. The restaurant was lovely and comfortable, with close tables. The pair sitting to my right ordered the "Slap Yo Mama" dessert (an odd name for a classy cute restaurant), which was an elegant wrapped chocolate and cream delicacy. All three tables near me ordered the Sage Duck, in the top 20 meals that I've ever had. Almost buttery. . . an amazing taste sensation. I ate a special dessert my first visit -- a special baklava.

I brought a group of business associates back two days later, who loved the sage duck as well. I tried several other small dishes, including the special soup and fish small dish.

Save room for dessert -- each is an amazing treat.

1  Thank maremel