“Good, Clean and in a great location ”

Royal Pacific Motor Inn
Ranked #145 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

This Motel is in the "real" San Francisco. Skip the high prices and tourists stores at the pier. Royal Pacific is located on the edge of China town and Little Italy. It is in a safe location, even though a block or two to the east it gets seedy.

I took a train from the airport and the Bart station is a 15 minute walk away from the motel. My room was on the third floor and overlooked the center parking lot, not the street. It easy very quiet and peaceful.

From the motel, Coit Tower and Union Square were within 15 minute walk. The Pier and Lombard Street are probably 20 minutes. It's in a great location to explore the city.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This place is a bit scary when you first see it especially when arriving at night after a long flight. However, the location is fantastic and within walking distance to a lot of things to do and see. The bed us really comfortable and the shower is hot. Staff are helpful. Free parking and a good price for San Francisco make this a good choice provided you don't want to hang around the hotel (ie it is not a resort).

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I chose this hotel due to the reviews I read, but the good reviews were not what we experienced. The place is dirty, very very loud, staff is rude, room not ready when told it was, located in a dirty part of the city....just everything about it was simply awful!

They wouldn't even take the credit card (the same card I reserved the room with), because of the abbreviation of my name was on the card and my full name was on my license...

I have never experienced that in my live before!!! How could it be OK to reserve the room with that card under my husbands name, but when you show....it is suddenly not OK.

What an arbitrary, ridiculous, and completely non-customer service related rule!!!

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Cindy N
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place , with free parking , is on the edge of ChinaTown and North Beach. So you can go one way for Dim Sum ( Yum Cha) for breakfast and the other way for great Italian food at night.. Fisherman Wharf area and the Coit Tower are easily walkable , buses can take you to the various art galleries and museums. Room was large and comfortable with out being luxurious (Would be wasted on me) A bit of street noise at night as there is no double glaxzing but should not trouble city folk. Recommened for a week long stay at a good price. Staff very helpful and a Guest Laundry which we used twice. Very handy for us to use.

Room Tip: We were given a front balcony room on the 4th floor. Good for watching the passing street. A bit noi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and after we got over the shock of the go-go bars around the corner, Royal Pacific turned out to be a good deal. It is a motel so don't expect much in terms of furnishings and amenities but it has free WiFi with great signal and free secure parking which is a huge plus and the price is very economical. It is clean with reasonably comfortable beds. The front desk has been very pleasant and extremely helpful. The central location in Chinatown is a definite plus within short walking distance to Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, and other points of interest. Being in the heart of Chinatown was charming with interesting sights and sounds and delicious fresh fruits and vegetables. It is a bit noisy so bring earplugs for a good nights sleep. And as for the go-go bars, although it was a shock to be across the street, there was no rowdy or unpleasant events and it didn't matter much. I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LetUsGoTraveling
Reviewed June 1, 2014

So let's get this straight: this is a MOTEL. If you are looking for ample amenities, you shouldn't consider this place. We were given a handicapped accessible room (gosh, I guess my husband and I looked old and tired!) and we had absolutely zero counter space in the bathroom. Fortunately, there was a small table in the room so I had to do anything water/faucet related in the bathroom then did everything else in the bedroom. The room was clean although a little run down. Having said all that, the staff were nice and it was a great location. We were right at the edge of Chinatown and North Beach and within walking distance from all the places we wanted to visit. I don't know if we will come back. It would depend on what our priority will be: location or amenities; can't have both on a budget.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Flen2014
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this motel in March for a couple nights while visiting San Francisco. The motel in an older building with its rooms and furnishing showing the wear and tear. Not much to recommend there. However, if you want to stay in the heart of the city, within waking distance to downtown and Chinatown, the location is excellent. It is located on Broadway right the the edge of Chinatown, among the bursting sounds of people and vehicle traffic. We walked to most of where we wanted to go in the downtown area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple