Royal Pacific Motor Inn
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
$179
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

$299
$194
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

$289
$239
Courtyard
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $310/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$233
$299
  • Room Service
$226
$215
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
$219
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $261/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$363
$220
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $272/night.

All reviewsfree parkingchinatown and north beachcoit towergreat locationwithin walking distancefisherman's wharfunion squarewatch tvaround the cornerwould stay here againfifth floorrooms are cleancan't beat the locationnoisy at nightstreet sidecentral locationcable car
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We enjoyed our night here in this clean motel steps away from Chinatown and Little Italy. Although parking is free, the lot is tiny and is frequently full, so it cannot be counted on. The room was comfortable and reasonably quiet and the beds were comfortable. Not fancy, but certainly a bargain -- we were pleased.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The hotel is on the border of Chinatown & Little Italy. There is an abundance of good food within walking distance, but not fast food chains. Room was spotless, front counter staff could not have made us feel more welcome! This is an older property that has been well maintained. Don't judge it by the pictures! Would return again!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Mrstwojack
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I spent nearly two weeks here recently. The good: Parking is included! (a bargain for central San Fran). Location is excellent, in china town, 10mins walk to the ferry building, 10mins to Union square and 15mins to Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39. Free Wifi. Coin operated laundry. The bad: Well there isn't anything bad really which is how I'd like to sum it up. The rooms are dated but clean. Walls are too thin perhaps. No aircon but a very effective and noisy fan heater. It's a 70's motel still sporting a 70's style in the middle of a built up area. Bizarre. Go in with your eyes open. But if you want 1)parking and 2)free wifi at a 3) low price in a 4)very convenient location for discovering San Fran then it's very hard to beat.

Room Tip: Go for a lowish floor - you can use the steps and avoid the elevator then if you so wish. Also choose a room at the back of the building away from the traffic noise and hubbub coming over from Broadway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ThrottletotheBottle
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I was intrigued by all the positive reviews I read about this hotel but when my friend and I arrived, we were very disappointed! First of all, for $170 a night for 2 people, accommodations and even location should have been much better. Our room had an awful smell when we came in. It smelled like burnt rubber. We tried to change to another room on a different floor but there was the same smell there too!!! It was so bad that people next door to us were sitting with their door open to "air out the room" because their room had the same smell. Then, my friend went to take a shower and literally got stuck because the shower door was completely broken. I had to rescue her! The door was never fixed and we just kept it open out of frustration. We checked out the very following day and went to a motel that wasn't too far away but was cheaper, much nicer and also had the free parking. Last but not least, in a hurry to get out of there, I forgot my phone charger in the room and when I called an hour or so later, they said they never found anything. I don't really believe they even looked for it which is very sad. Basically, I vote a no on this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank lilinka25
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I chose this as a cheap one-night option for visiting some friends in town on business. The location was perfect and the fact that they had FREE PARKING definitely sealed the deal - the parking even accommodated our big pickup truck! The rooms aren't the nicest ever, but they didn't make my skin crawl like some cheap-o hotels I've stayed in before. I actually loved the fact that it was in Chinatown; so much diversity, movement, markets! Upon stumbling back to our hotel that night we even discovered a hole-in-the-wall burger and pizza joint across the street. We walked into Sam's Burgers and Pizza to discover it was recommended by Anthony Bourdain on his show "The Layover." Not only are the burgers county fair worthy, but the mix of people coming in and out was so much fun! I made friends with an Algerian who spoke French and is often confused for Russian. Ha! You never know what you'll get in the City on the Bay. One downside to the motor inn: they say breakfast included, but that translates to "two packaged honey buns sitting on the table in your room." Oh well, you saved on parking and now you can splurge on breakfast out!

Room Tip: We were tucked back on the first floor behind the office and I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was thought it was a Tuesday night.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple