“Yummy seafood”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Neighborhood: Duboce Triangle
Reviewed September 6, 2018

Sometimes I crave the east coast style seafood shack and when I do, I go to Woodhouse. They have a more upscale feel than a 'shack' but it is also low key and comfortable. We've been here so many times and it is always good. It is in the middle of Fillmore St. in Pacific Heights so it's great to shop/see a movie and then have dinner here. Service is friendly. Sometimes there is a wait but not out of control.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for dinner. Waited about fifteen minutes for our table, but we enjoyed some anchor steam while we waited. Ciopinno (sp?) was excellent, clam chowder was tasty, as was the fish and chips. My prawn salad Louis was fresh and the prawns were cooked perfectly. But it seemed to be lacking something. We wanted to finish with bread pudding, but they had just sold the last two servings.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

First of all me previous (bad) comment in July disappeared...
So here I am again.
We had an awful experience: long wait, waitress unexperienced who forgot basics (we had to ask for drinks more than a few times).

We ordered wine (Sauvignon blanc) and got Chardonnay instead, ordered something else later and had to constantly remind her to bring the drinks.

Talking of which, wine is served in water glasses... it says a lot about the venue.

I had kumara oysters:
Not only their delicate taste got drown in the plate full of icy water (remember, oysters are not meant to be served in water but on top of ice..., they also added a weird red sauce that finished to kill their taste.
$6x6...

We asked for the lobsters rolls and the salad of the day: it was ok except the artichokes ; undercooked and dripping with oil.

What did upset me most was he kids pasta.

We got served 2 small bowls of plain white pasta... no cheese, no sauce, no proteins, just plain white pasta.

The best of the best : 2 kids pasta (2 yo and 5yo) = 16 x 2 = $32 + other extra taxes!!! It’s a rip off.

We openly complained about the food and the service to the waitress and we refused to tip.

Do I need to mention that the bill came before we could ask for desert or coffee...

All in all, the bill was the only spicy thing we had that night.

Will not come back and will rewrite my comment if it disappears again.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

I ordered the 'build your own' lemonade and it was fun putting it together and tasting my concoction through trial and error. The clam chowder was lovely and the lobster roll, fries and coleslaw made the trip definitely worth it!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

We went there on Saturday at lunch time. Parking was a bit challenging. We parked two blocks away at a meter. I think it was $9.50 for 90 minutes. The place is not big but very tastefully decorated. One side has old fashion fishing boats on the shelf. The other side has big TV screen showing fishing boats at work. The menu is simple but fairly complete. We ordered fish tacos, fish and chips, clam chowders and lobster rolls. All are very very good and fresh. The soup is not the salty type which we really like. Roll is a bit pricing but very good.

Date of visit: June 2018