“Best Italian in the city”
Review of La Ciccia

La Ciccia
Reserve with OpenTable
La Ciccia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 5,939 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Noe Valley
Cross street: Church
Transit: MUNI: J Church Metro and Bus #24
Description: La Ciccia is a cozy and intimate restaurant located on the edge of Noe Valley. Husband and wife owners, Massimiliano Conti and Lorella Degan work together to take you to a culinary journey through the Italian island of Sardinia. The chef is committed to use the freshest and the most authentic ingredients from his native island, resulting in pungent, lively, flavorful food. The all Italian wine list,170 labels selection represent every Region with more than a quarter devote to Sardinia in order to pair the traditional earthy flavors as well seafood influence of Sardinia cuisine. La Ciccia is a tribute to Sardinia an experience not to be missed.
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I had been to quite a few Italian restaurants in north beach and was disappointed by them all. I am so glad I came here.. I can now say I have had authentic Italian in San Francisco. The service was great. Friendly but not too over the top! Ioved every dish I had. I will tell all my Italian friends about this place

1  Thank Neighborlov

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Wow, loved our dinner here so much. There were quite a few standouts in this Sardinian restaurant. And of course the menu changes. But if available, do not miss the squid ink pasta. It was exceptional. Equally amazing was the octopus stew.

The waitstaff was attentive and very helpful. The restaurant small and busy, and can be very noisy. We had 9:30 reservations so as our dinner progressed, the crowd thinned and noise not a problem at all. Oh, the gelato -- BEST EVER. If you like and appreciate excellent food, go to La Ciccia!

1  Thank Monica84
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at La Ciccia (The Belly!).
My first visit, my husbands many. What a pleasure! We shared an appetizer special; shared the pasta special; we each had our own entree. It was a perfect combination. La Ciccia is a must visit when in SF.

2  Thank SantiFried
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

It is really difficult to find good italian food while travelling, this is an exception, if you wanna have a taste of italy or you are missing our cousine, this is the place you are looking for. 10+

1  Thank Direttoren121
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Food portions are large here. Food is very simply presented but prepared with perfection. Food choices are limited, unlike the extensive wine list. This is not a very comfortable restaurant in terms of furniture or table spacing, and the service is a little bit sporadic. Don't come here for a private conversation or a quick in and out meal. Do come here for a great authentic no fuss Sardinian food and wine experience!

1  Thank Jorge L