“"It doesn't get better than this"”
Review of La Ciccia

La Ciccia
Reserve with OpenTable
La Ciccia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #176 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Noe Valley
Cross street: Church
Transit: MUNI: J Church Metro and Bus #24
Description: La Ciccia is a cozy and intimate restaurant located on the edge of Noe Valley. Husband and wife owners, Massimiliano Conti and Lorella Degan work together to take you to a culinary journey through the Italian island of Sardinia. The chef is committed to use the freshest and the most authentic ingredients from his native island, resulting in pungent, lively, flavorful food. The all Italian wine list,170 labels selection represent every Region with more than a quarter devote to Sardinia in order to pair the traditional earthy flavors as well seafood influence of Sardinia cuisine. La Ciccia is a tribute to Sardinia an experience not to be missed.
prescott,az.
“"It doesn't get better than this"”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

La Ciccia came highly recommended by Mike at the Prescott Hotel-he hit a home run!! The trip over on the church J line was like an episode from Seinfeld-lots of fun!! We Didn't have reservations and preferred to eat at the bar.Lenis, the hostess, was amazing-she told us it would be about 25 minutes, sent us over to Nebbia's for a glass of wine and called us when our seats were available.Lorelia, at Nebbia;s,was very friendly and took good care of us.At La Ciccia;s, we had the baby octopus stew -might be the best thing I've ever had! A spicy tomato sauce with tender, delicious octopus.The bottariga pasta was so good and the trio of gelatos for dessert were out of this world.Our waiter/bartender was the best and everyone was so incredibly friendly! Excellent wine list.It was definitely one of our all time favorite dining experiences!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Prescott_az_Bob

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Seafood lover's heaven”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Mar 13, 2014
We had a memorable dinner with my brother-and sister-law, who had never been here either. Though I made advance reservations about a month ago, the owner, Massimiliano Conti, could not find my reservation. Despite that, we were seated; we were so looking forward to dining here.
We had an array of starters, octopus stew, marinated calmari, and roasted sardines. All were divine. Our entree, squid ink pasta, was very different--the pasta was cut into short lengths that it almost resembled a blackened risotto. Their wine list is very extension. We ordered a $30 Tuscan melot-cab that was correct and full-bodied.
Their food seems authentic, from Sardinian origins, and totally worth it. Once you have found parking, you're enjoy the evening.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank alohatripper
“Wonderful”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Came here during a visit from NY, thanks to Trip Advisor reviews. Excellent food. The owner himself took our order and advised us on selections and wine. Gracious and personal service; robust and unusual renderings of iconic Mediteranean food. The food is Sardinian, rather than "Italian."

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank TravelingWithCharlie
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful time with the family”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I am thinking of a birthday gift for my wife and I feel that dining out in one of the best restaurants is a good idea. So I made a reservation to La Ciccia which was recommended to me by my friend. Together with my children and my wife we dine at this restaurant and we had an experience that we will never forget. The food was really great and the service, two thumbs up! I tried their Camberonisi Arrustiusu which is an oven roasted whole wild prawns garlic parsley pepperoncino. Their chef really cooks well. The staff were really warm, from greeter to the waiteress/waiters. All I can say is “Thank you and till next time.” I will bring my loved ones again here.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank 304Greg_T
San Francisco, California
“There's still genuine Italian food in San Francisco”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

It's at La Ciccia and it's Sardinian, as is the co-owner and chef, Massimilliano Conti. His co-owner and wife, the vivacious Lorella Degan is from Padua and does everything else, including selecting their wonderful Italian wines. Everything's fresh, carefully seasoned and carefully prepared, lots of seafood, wonderful pastas, lovely attentive wait staff. What more could one want? But wait! There is more. They've just opened another restaurant a few doors down the street on Church, La Nebbia, which serves Italian supper items, small plates if you will. Tasty little plates of various Italian meats, cheeses, delicious pizzas, even lasagna! Great wines, too. It's the drop-in enjoy yourself destination for neighbors and out-of-towners. Both restaurants are accessible riding the "J" line on SF's erratic and undependable municipal railroad system, which runs all the way from the Embarcadero to La Ciccia's and La Nebbia's front doors. If you want the scenic route, take the surface "F" car along Market, then switch to the surface "J" at Church. And there are always taxis and the alternatives: SideCar, Lyft, Uber and RelayRides. Get to either restaurant any way you can when you visit San Francisco.

• Visited March 2014