1,674 results
All reviewschinatown gaterooftop gardeneco friendly hotelgreat locationsister hotelfew blockswithin walking distancethe financial districtcomfortable bedsturn down servicebusiness centerwould definitely stay here againclose to union squarejunior suitemini barfront desk staffsmall hotel
Reviewed May 2, 2018

I enjoyed my one night stay in this hotel. Their garden rooftop is a nice touch. The size of the rooms and bathroom is good for a couple. You can get free small chocolate bars at the lobby! It's literally next to the Chinatown gate. About a 5-10 min walk from the closest BART station and the rest of Union Square. Average price for a good hotel in SF.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carla n
Collins C, Owner at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2018

Carla, it's fantastic that you enjoyed your night at The Orchard! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the rooftop garden as well as the chocolates. Next time you're thinking about coming to San Francisco, give us a call!

All my best,

Reviewed May 1, 2018

This is a great hotel, not cheap, but very well situated almost next to the Dragon Gate, which everyone wants to photograph - and with several excellent French restaurants nearby and across the road. Staff were all helpful and we appreciated the little chocolates to pop in our mouth, or pocket, as we set off for a day's sightseeing. The city open top bus tours stop on the corner opposite the Dragon Gate - really convenient.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank audreybrown2017
Collins C, Owner at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2018

Audrey, I'm delighted you felt our location was great, and it's wonderful you got to do a bit of sightseeing while you stayed here. Also, it's great you were a fan of the chocolates we offer our guests. I hope you'll stay with us again in the future!

Thanks,

Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

I arrived early and staff were friendly and helpful, even got me into my room early. The bed was comfy. Easy walk to everything I needed to do. I will stay here again when I need to be in SF for business.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
Collins C, Owner at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

We were more than happy to accommodate an early arrival, and I'm thrilled you were so impressed with our hotel. Also, it's great you were pleased with our location. We can't wait to welcome you back the next time you're in San Francisco for business.

Best,

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

On my fist day, I was sent to the conscience for questions about city tours: “Rodney” the concierge, moved me to a far corner and sold me 2x hop on/hop off tickets and said he was giving me a $20 rebate, but “i had to pay him half cash”. I thought it was odd, but im jet lag, he’s an employee, he won’t screw me, right? Except when i presented my tickets to the bus company, their scan indicated I owed them the full amount.... I was not impressed, and felt quite ripped off. After almost 30 mm on the phone where the Bus tour manager (hop on hop off) tried rectifying the situation without any success with the Orchard Garden hotel, the Bus company simply gave me back cash and told me they would “deal with the concierge” Rodney... This really left a bad first impression and for that reason, although the hotel is perfectly located and was descent, I gave a one star. I’m also not impressed that after asking for a manager to call me about my feed back, nobody as followed up with my requests (nor with my email). I will never go back to this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
Collins C, Owner at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

While I'm glad you felt our location and hotel itself were great, I'm really shocked to hear these claims. We think that having a team who's honest, helpful, and trustworthy is of the utmost importance. With that being said, I'm going to look further into this because this is the first time I've heard anything like this. Please give me a call so we can further discuss this situation: (415) 399-9807.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2018

The hotel is perfectly located next to Chinatown and minutes away from union square and market street. Lots of bars and restaurants around. The hotel itself is clean and comfortable. The service was helpful as well. Gave us our room early and allowed late check in.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Collins C, Owner at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

It's great you enjoyed the surrounding bars and restaurants! Also, I'm glad our customer service and hotel were impressive, too. Can't wait to welcome you back.

All the best,