Orchard Garden Hotel
$185
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

$159
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $208/night.

$177
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $249/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$243
$188
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $251/night.

$177
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $243/night.

Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$169
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $293/night.

San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $246/night.

$178
$170
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

$205
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $267/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$500
$199
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $268/night.

1,602 results
All reviewschinatown gaterooftop gardeneco friendly hotelgreat locationcafe de la pressesister hotelfew blockswithin walking distancecomfortable bedsthe financial districtturn down servicebusiness centerwould definitely stay here againjunior suitemini barclose to union squarefront desk staff
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The beds were comfortable although the pillows were softer and puffier than I normally like. The rooms were clean and seemed relatively well maintained; the exception was the door hiding the mini fridge had a broken hinge and didn't close properly. The rooms seemed especially quiet; we didn't hear our neighbors until we walked out of the room into the hallway and never heard anyone's radio or TV playing either. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant once and the food was quite good, although of course pricey.
Overall our stay was positive. My main gripe came during checkout. We had purchased a sandwich the night before our departure thinking it would keep in the fridge for the next day's flight. The fridge seemed warm when I put the sandwich in but was cold by morning. When I asked about it the next day I was told there was a good chance the fridge had been turned off by the hotel at least part of the time. I didn't feel safe eating it since it had mayo and threw it out in front of the desk person. When I asked if the price of the sandwich could be deducted from the price of the room because it was wasted due to the fridge not working, I got a blank look, silence, no acknowledgement of my question but was then told the receipt would be printed out for us. It was a minor thing cost-wise but didn't sit well with me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience while staying with us at the Orchard Garden Hotel. I am pleased to read that your stay was comfortable and overall enjoyable. The well insulated walls and double paned windows not only keep in the warm temperatures (to reduce the use of the heater) but make for a quiet and peaceful ambiance. Although it sounds like the fridge was working, hence the cold sandwich, I agree this situation could have been handled more politely with a positive outcome. I sincerely apologize you did not get to snack on your left overs and welcome the opportunity to make it up to you. I hope this shortcoming does not dissuade your decision from staying with us again in the future; we would be delighted to host any and all of your upcoming visits.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Orchard Garden Hotel the weekend of March 22. This was our third stay at the hotel. As always, our room was quiet, clean and comfortable, and the rate was great. The staff was very helpful and attentive. What we really like about this hotel is its location - just a couple of blocks from Union Square, Chinatown is right dow the street, the cable cars run up and down Powell which is the cross street, and there are lots of decent restaurants all around the hotel. This hotel doesn't have great views, free breakfast and free parking, but for San Fran it's a good deal. Hopefully in their next upgrade the hotel will replace their old tube TVs.

Room Tip: If you don't like street noise, ask for a room that faces away from the street. There's no view, but it's really quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind review. However it sounds like you stayed at the Orchard Hotel, our sister property. I am one of the front office managers there as well; I look forward to sharing your review with the staff. I am also very pleased to announce we will be upgrading all the televisions with 37” LG TV’s April 1st of this year, which is just around the corner. We look forward to seeing you and your husband for your fourth, fifth and many many more stays to come.

Sincerely

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went to SF for holidays. The hotel is located near the Union Square, what is very in the centre of SF with a good connection to public transportation. Chinatown is very close (a good and cheap place to eat and to buy nice gifts). Our room looked very nice and very new. - Especially the wooden furniture and the pastel green decoration. We had an extremely large bathroom and the huge bed was very comfortable. The garden at the top of the hotel is a real plus and of course we appreciate it very much to have the possibility to stay in a rather "green" hotel. Still we also have to give negative feedback in some points: Part of the staff at the front desk was quite unfriendly, the wardrobe was not clean and the lobby is not as welcoming as we would like it to be.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the review, we truly appreciate your feedback. Although I’m very happy you enjoyed most of your stay, I am so sorry about the shortcomings you experienced as well. Unfriendly staff is unacceptable, we are here to happily assist our guests with questions, recommendations and any other requests. This will be reiterated to the staff to ensure quality customer service. I sincerely hope this experience does not deter you from visiting us again in the future; we would be delighted to have the opportunity to share the service we are capable of.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Even though we are local, we decided to stay in town after the Chinese New Year Parade. This hotel was great. Not only was it just steps from the entrance to Chinatown, the hotel was very clean and the staff was great. The rate was reasonable.

We were a little concerned about the hotel being green but it was not an issue at all. The room was very comfortable.

The view was not great but we did not expect to be.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank mrs.mikey
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for the very kind review, we truly enjoy hearing from our guests. It’s fun to have quick getaways even when they are in your own back yard. I’m glad you had a good time staying with us while partaking in the Chinese New Year Festivities. Hopefully we will see you again during your next mini vacation.

Regards

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Orchard Garden last month, as business took me to San Francisco and there were literally no other hotel rooms available downtown between $75 and $450 per night; some huge conference was going on and there was NO hotel availability. So I "chose" this hotel out of necessity (as I really had no choice), but was pleasantly surprised during my stay.

The hotel is green, which I appreciate. Biodegradable bath product packaging (although the products themselves are still full of chemicals, boo), room key controlled lighting (very European), etc. The bathroom floor was heated (huge bonus in the morning) and the room was spacious enough. My view was of another close building, so that left a bit to be desired, and my room smelled of old lady perfume a little. I wasn't able to check out the rooftop garden but heard from a colleague that it's a great spot when the weather is nice.

This hotel probably isn't my first choice for future trips to SF, as it was farther from my office than I'd like and I have other favorite hotels in the city, but it's definitely doable and I would stay here again if need be.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent visit to San Francisco and our Hotel. I’m thrilled you were pleasantly surprised during your stay and truly appreciate your feedback. Although it seems you enjoyed a majority of your stay, I am sincerely sorry about the lingering smell of the perfume. All of us here at the Orchard Garden Hotel would love if you decided to stay with us again.

Thanks again