“Couldn't Care Less About Guests' Comfort” 1 of 5 stars
Review of At Home Rentals San Francisco

At Home Rentals San Francisco
We can't find prices for this accommodation
At Home Rentals San Francisco
You added At Home Rentals San Francisco to your Saves list
Chicago
“Couldn't Care Less About Guests' Comfort”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

1. Called to confirm reservation after reading prior review; person treated me as if I were bothering him. 2. Only *after* they have your $$ do you find out you need to pick up--and drop off-- the key to the rental at *their* office--clear across town and $25 in cab fare later if you don't have a rental car, which is the conventional wisdom when visiting the city. Rental is *barely* set up for an 8-night rental for 3 people (1/2 the # it's supposed to accommodate)--exactly 1 extra roll of toiletbpaper, not so much as a bar of soap, no laundry detergent, not even a pepper grinder in kitchen. We've done the self-catering flatbdeal before in US and abroad, but have never seen such little attention paid to guests' needs. I needed to plunger the stopped up toilet myself, and hot water knob in shower was a clamped-on plumbers' wrench! For $1700+? Really? In fairness, gave them a chance to address these problems but no go, so now I'm not hesitating to post this.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
sarasota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

We stayed at the Presidio 4 br. apt. on Jackson St. from Casa Buena Rentals and were extremely disappointed. There is no lock box so you must first retrieve the keys from Jan (the owner) personally across town. The apt. was purchased recently from an older lady and all of her furniture and decor was left in the house for rental use.
The blankets were actually disintegrating on my son's double bed. I thought that he had tracked in sand from the children's park but the blanket was rotting.
Any drawer we opened had a musty moth ball odor and as you entered the apt. you were enveloped in a musty smell.
The kitchen has NO dishwasher, but it does have a new gas stove that has a gas leak. When you enter the kitchen from the hall there was a strong odor of gas. After telling Jan about the situation, he said he was sorry but he couldn't smell any gas.
We were assured there would be internet service, wifi, and tv cable. Upon arrival none of these were functioning. It took 4 days to get partial service of any of the above.
The electricity was out one night as we came home. After calling Jan he asked me to go down two flights of pitch dark winding basement stairs to find the circuit breakers.
Jan was at times friendly and then quite rude and belligerent. We would not recommend this apt to anyone.
The address is fabulous, but the facility is awful.

Stayed July 2008
4 Thank 1travelguru

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2006

I love At Home Rentals in San Francisco!!!
It's an adorable historical building (built 1902 I think- pre-earthquake!) that has a european pension feeling, in a safe, clean, comfortable environment! It's ideally located, right on Fillmore street, a block away from delicious and chic Cafe Du Soleil, and a block or so from a cute little park. The two bathrooms are shared between four or so rooms, but they're extremely fresh and clean, and the price is absolutely unbeatable! I think it's around $70 a night, but they give a great discount for stays of a week or more, so it ends up being more like $55! The owner is really nice, and all the other guests that stayed there were really interesting, but because I had such a nice room (they all have locks on them, by the way) I didn't have to mingle if I didn't want to. Plus, since there's a full kitchen and space to store food, I saved more money because I didn't have to eat out for every meal! It was wonderful. I strongly reccomend it to any savvy traveller!

13 Thank rollinglady