Ways to Experience Cliff House
from $380.00
from $118.00
from $58.00
More Info
All reviews sutro baths ocean beach popovers seal rock crab great history lands end sunny day golden gate pacific rocks cliffhouse ruins coastline sf obscura camera
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Note sure why its listed as an attraction as it’s more of a restaurant. There are view points overlooking the ocean. Located directly adjacent to the Sutro Baths.

Reviewed 1 week ago

a really beautiful spot to grab a lunch. The food was pretty good but that's not why we went...the view, the view, the view!!!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Arriving on a Friday evening without reservations we were delighted to get a Bistro table with prime views of Ocean Beach and surrounds. But of course the food was main priority.

From the imaginative menu we began with clam chowder and Dungeness crab cocktail. Followed on with ravioli and salmon fillet. Not forgoing dolci, we plumbed for cheesecake and crème brulee. Everything was delicious.

The staff were friendly and informative and all courses were brought without any delay. All that plus the great vistas made for a memorable experience.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

In a recent trip to San Francisco with my six year old granddaughter I made a trip to the Cliff House for breakfast. I tried to find things to do with her that both she and I would enjoy. We decided to have breakfast there so that we could look out at the pacific. We were on our way to the zoo so this seemed the logical place to breakfast. What a pleasant surprise. The breakfast was delicious and the view was magnificent! There was a nice variety on the menu with generous portions of well prepared food. The price was reasonable. All the seats looked out onto a long stretch of beach and the ocean. We ate and watched the surfers. It made me want to go walk on the beach. I believe there is an elevator that takes you down. We did not see the Camera Obscura but would have if my companion was older and we didn’t have someplace else to go. Yes the Cliff House is out of the way but very definitely worth the visit

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

As sooo many have stated...........the views makes this place worth the visit. I was in the area on a weekday and the parking was convenient. No crowds, no wait therefore we were in and out in no time. I didn't make a reservation, but the Bistro was just what we needed. So, the food we ordered was more traditional (french toast and bacon) so you couldn't go wrong. The sourdough rolls were delicious , sorta spoiled my appetite. The walk along the beach was just what we needed. So, relaxing and the weather was nice. I would definitely return, even if I don't eat.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

We drove here on our first day in the city to see the views from the look out points. It's very beautiful, even in the fog. You could just stand for ever and watch the water lap along the rocky shore as the waves come in and go out. We didn't go to the restaurant here and only came to look out at the water and walk along some of the short trails.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

There’s a camera obsura here that’s cool. Nice ocean view. Place to eat and hangout. It’s cool to see the original building, o would’ve loved to have seen it.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

If the weather clear it is a great place for a sunset dinner. Beautiful old architecture and interesting story with fabulous view.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Amazing views? Ambiance is very nice in all areas of the restaurant. There are 3 options for dining. One serves breakfast amd lunch all day. One is much more formal amd the other is more of a cocktail lounge, appetizer type place. The hostess and bar staff were bordering on rude. Our waiter, however was very polite and quite attentive. The version of eggs Benedict with crab was amazing! The open faced crab sandwich, topped with cheese is good, but very rich. The calamari is good but I have had better. Clam chowder a hit. Try to get a table near the window!

Reviewed July 26, 2018

We had fun exploring the ruins of the baths (old swimming pools) and the history was interesting to me not so much my kid who just wanted to explore dangerous concrete remains!