“Favorite in SF right now”
Review of Nopa

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hayes
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I go to Nopa 3-4 times per month. Everything I've ever eaten here is incredible!

Nopa is bustling and vibrant, seemingly all the time. I've been at 11 am on Sunday morning and 1 am on a Thursday night and the atmosphere is generally the same. It is in the Western Addition. Crowd is usually casual hipster, but I never feel like they mind when those of us who are more preppy are there. (There are several restaurants in SF that are more judgmental of non-hipsters. I still love their food, just not the judgment!)

There is always a wait, but I have never waited as long as stated, and usually find a seat at the bar or communal table. While you wait, have any of their specialty cocktails. They are incredible. The Sunshine Fix is my favorite.

The menu changes frequently with seasonal ingredients. Everything is always very fresh. They usually have an amuse bouche which is always creative an fun. Appetizers are great. If they ever have a cheese spread, get it. Once they had a goat cheese paired with blueberries and crostini. Sooooo good!

The pasta special is always good, changes frequently. The pork chop is huge and good, but heavy. The burger is also really good. The portions for everything are quite large, and I usually end up taking something home.

If you go for brunch, the french toast is by far the best I've ever had. Avocado toast is also delicious and almost always on the menu.

I love this place. It is a must visit for everyone.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Went for Brunch and had the custard french toast with caramelized apples, maple butter, with soft scrambled eggs and a mimosa. Looking around at other's dishes, they looked good with equally fresh ingredients. I had great service although some of the other reviewers indicate they did not. When I was there, the staff was friendly and knowledgeable.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I went there during our vacation due to good reviews. We were not disappointed. The food and service was excellent. The bottle of wine was excellent too. Maybe the best wine I ever had. (56 USD) Minus is the long waiting time to get a table. Plus is that they call you so you can wait in one of the bars nearby. The interior was very nice. The restaurant stays open very late.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We asked a couple what their favourite place to eat in San Fran was when we met them in Mexico and that said Nopa. Really nice fresh and tasty brunch. We shared 5 dishes because we couldn't decide! Everything pleased us and we were very glad we received this well deserved recommendation.

Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

I was dinning late as usual so I thought I could just walk in since it was Tuesday and past 10 the place was packed but they were friendly with me and accommodated me after a 15 min wait so it wasn't that bad.

I'm always hesitant with first places but the food was great I asked for the waiters advice and followed it as I usually do with 1st places I wasn't disappointed I ordered a smoked trout and porketa both were delicious and very well presented flavors were amazing!

Definitely the place to be! And a well deserved 1st place.

Ambience is nice and trendy waiter was super fun and friendly! If she reads this good travels to Barcelona. I'm sure change comes for a reason Cheers!