“Every course fantastic!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hayes
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My son, his roommate and I tried quite a few different dishes at Nopa's and we were very well pleased with all of them. The server went out of his way to answer our questions and took his time. We shared the french fries with red pepper sauce as an appetizer, along with the warm marinated olives, both delicious. My son and I had wonderful halibut in a tomato cream sauce with delicata squash - oh my, it was incredible, the flavors mixed beautifully, and the squash was so sweet. Our friend ordered the sauteed garlic and broccoli - tender little spears. He also enjoyed the flatbread with a little sweet potato and onion on top. This is a green restaurant, so the produce is locally sourced, making it very fresh. The pear crepes with a light carmel sauce and walnuts were so delicious for dessert. Service was very efficient. If you go, get a reservation for the upstairs, away from the noisy bar scene. Then you can actually carry on a conversation. I can't wait to return to this fabulous restaurant.

2  Thank swimmer067

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great food, excellent service and really outstanding wine list. Hard to get a reservation even on a Monday.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

What a great spot! Had to wait for a table but given the great bar, it was no problem. Food was fabulous. Had roasted mushrooms with poached egg to start and pork chop as entree. Both were as good as I've ever had. My wife had a roasted squash appetizer and the roasted chicken and thought both were great. Service was very good and attentive. Only issue was a very long gap between appetizers and entrees which our server apologized for several times. Given wait was close to an hour would have been nice to at least been offered a desert or after dinner drink on the house.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had the privilege of sitting right next to Head Chef Laurence Jossel last night during our first experience at Nopa. Not only does he manage a well run, efficient kitchen with incredible local flavors, he is also the most unpretentious, organized, and humorous Chef I have ever met. Come to think of it, he is actually the ONLY chef I have ever met which says a lot about his character and accessibility to his patrons. We overlooked the kitchen and was so impressed with the staff and the way in which they calmly carried themselves in such a stressful, busy environment. Thanks to Chef Jossel and his amazing staff for making our evening at Nopa so memorable!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The food is always fresh, always delicious, and always filling. Open late and always busy, with each visit we look forward to new additions to the menu. The price you pay for NOPA's success is a ridiculously long wait for a table. Make a rezo or pay dearly.