“One of my favorites in SF!!!”
Review of Nopa

Nopa
Ranked #30 of 5,665 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hayes
Berkeley, California
“One of my favorites in SF!!!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The food is amazing and the drinks are delicious. They are open late so it's a great place to get a good meal after a concert or a night out. I almost didn't want to rate it because the wait is already long!!!

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Unique menu, great food”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my brother and sister-in-law's favorite restaurants.

The cocktail menu was unintelligible. I find it irritating when I cannot recognize ONE ingredient in ANY of the cocktails. I realize that this cocktail/mixology thing is very trendy, but other places we went you at least discern what type of drink you were ordering. This was arrogant and ridiculous. And three of the four drinks we ordered were awful.

The food was outstanding - unique menu but interesting and challenging to the pallet. We had salads to start and all were light, perfectly dressed and unique.

I had a baked orichiette pasta dish with fennel sausage, my husband and brother had a pork chop that was huge as well as delicious and my sister-in-law had roasted chicken. All were perfectly seasoned and prepared to perfection. The side dishes were interesting and not your usual potatoes and a vegetable.

Value? Well, we're from the Midwest so it's a little hard to see this as "value" but it seemed comparable with other restaurants in the city! Atmosphere was ok, just a large, concrete, noisy room, but again, that seems fairly common in the city.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Sunday Night Dinner”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had several friends talk about Nopa and it was well regarded on Trip Advisor. We had a drink near our hotel and gave the bartender 3-4 restaurants (Nopa, Kokkari & Flour + Water) we were considering. He said hands down Nopa. He said great neighborhood and the place is so strong they don't even have a sign.

We didn't have a reservation and got there at six. We had a glass of wine and waited for about 45 minutes until two spots at the communal table opened. Pretty impressive for a Sunday night.

We got a bottle of Spanish red and then got the avocado salad and hot goat cheese appetizer. They both were amazing and please listen to your server.

When we moved to entrees, our server said the pork chop was the best thing on the menu. It didn't disappoint. My wife's baked pasta was good but not in the same league. One of the better meals I have had in a long time. Great atmosphere as well.

New Jersey
“great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The menu is unique and tasted great. The wine list was also very good. All the employees were very pleasant. Our favorite part about this place was the atmosphere. The dining space is great and very open. It was loud but not obnoxious, everyone was having a good time. The upstairs seating is a little more quiet/private if that is what you prefer. Would definitely go again!

Mission Hills
“open atmosphere, great food”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The food is uniformly good, if not excellent. Unique combinations that all work well and are quite well prepared. The service was very good with the only reservation is that the place is fairly loud (or vibrant depending on your preference). It's a very open setting so, with a crowd, which I'll assume is normal, conversations are a bit challenging but not impossible. All in all...... excellent food, good service, nice atmosphere.