“Great Experience”
Review of Terzo

Terzo
Reserve with OpenTable
Terzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #606 of 5,712 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Marina District
Cross street: Union Street
Transit: 22 Filmore & 45 Stockton
Description: Terzo, meaning third in Italian, and connoting a third place to gather and share food & wine, was inspired by our travels around the Mediterranean. After running Rose Pistola and Rose's Cafe successfully for years, we wanted to bring an authentic, upscale, European neighborhood restaurant to Cow Hollow. Terzo is a beautiful combination of modern and cozy. Our chefs create food inspired by the coastal regions around the Mediterranean Sea, sourced from our bountiful local farms and ranches. The menu consistes of daily changing small and large plates, with many vegetarian options. The eclectic and diverse wine list is attractively priced, draws from regions all over the world, and is designed to pair perfectly with the cuisine. Please join us for an exceptional neighborhood dining experience and your private dining needs.
Sacramento CA
“Great Experience”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband, mom and I went to Terzo Thursday night. Our waiter was excellent -- attentive but not intrusive. The wine and food were top notch. Mom and P had small plates; I had steak. All very tasty. It is expensive, probably not more so than simlar places. Lovely experience.

Visited April 2013

Catheys Valley, California
“undiscovered gem!!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

It is owned by the folks who run Rose Pistola in North Beach and the food is excellent. Small tapas to large entrees. We ordered about 7 small plates and loved all them!...just go!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank solysombra99
Montreal, Canada
“Great tapas.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am a great fan of tapas restaurants, where one can sample many various dishes during a single meal.
The menu offers the choice: either small plates, 2 to 3 being recommended for a meal, or regular size portions.
The menu is said to change regularly, in order to reflect the products available.
I had the calamari, perfectly grilled, not too doughy or chewy. The Pacific Rock Cod in Papillote was also excellent, quite a large serving for a tapas. Finally, the nettle raviolis made an excellent complement to the meal. The server explained me that the thorns went away during the cooking.
Service was excellent throughout.
The only thing that bothered me was this note, at the bottom of the menu: "A 2% service charge will be applied to the bill to help offset the cost of SF ordinances" I sympathize with the cost of doing business in a large city, but as a customer I expect that the prices that are charged to me include a normal profit. Big hotels and airlines got into the habit of nickel and diming us for a lot a unexpected "extras", I hope the restaurants will not also fall into this.

• Visited March 2013
San Francisco
“Under Appreciated in the SF Scene”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by Terzo. We had some of the best service we've had in a long time. The restaurant was not horribly noisy and the ambiance modern but warm. We had a pretty big group of 7 and the service handled us well with many orders of small plates. The kitchen paced the food well. We tried a large portion of the menu and found almost all the items well above average and some really stellar. We loved the truffle egg bruschetta. All in all, I'd say it is a very under appreciated spot.

• Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Happening Place with Great Food”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Recently on a trip to San Francisco, had spent an entire day in Napa, I know, what a shame right! and we were tired and wanted to find a place for tapas. Terzo was highly recommended so we gave it a try. The restaurant was of course packed on a Saturday evening at 7pm, but they had a "community table" that they use in the middle of the restaurant to seat either large groups or people that don't mind sharing their table with others. I personally like this as you can enjoy your friends, family, etc, and you may have the opportunity to share a little with other people as well. Even though the restaurant was full, the service was still quite attentive. We tried the Braised Niman ranch lamb shoulder, which was delectable, the roasted beets were just what you would expect, cooked beautifully, and tasted great. We couldn't get enough of the roasted vegetables, and the grilled calimari was wonderful. I always prefer grilled to fried, and these were not chewy at all, and not the little tiny rings, but the actual calimari, as it's supposed to be, in long strips from the body. All in all this was a really nice experience. I would definitely recommend giving them a try, and I'm sure to go back next time I'm in San Fran.

• Visited January 2013