“Terrible On-site Management”

Ranked #182 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
San Francisco
“Terrible On-site Management”
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I've stayed at the hotel a couple of times and will not stay there again. While the hotel is decent for the cost, the on-site management are down right mean people with no concept of guests being a customer. They treat you like you're a problem for them.

Second time I stayed was for two weeks and even thought you pay by the week thus checking out and in again, I was provided no room service in between the weeks payed. Unlike a guest that would have checked in after me and been provided a clean room.

Last time I stayed I checked out late, around 4 pm and was told that I could not have my $10 key deposit back because I owed them for another night, even though I was not allowed to stay another night nor did stay another night.

I WILL NOT EVER STAY at this hotel again as long as the on-site family continues to manage the property. They are absolutely awful especially the women.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank 65Dream

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tuolumne, CA
Reviewed December 8, 2009

When I first began to write this review, all I could think of were the cons. Then I had to think about it for a moment... My friends and I have never been the sort to plan and plot a trip to anywhere. Its after dark when we get to San Francisco, but we spend the whole time walking around Castro, whoopin' it up Around 2:00 or 3:00 AM, our relentless party energy was failing us and we needed to find a place to stay. "no reservation no reservation no reservation." Until we finally reached the Twin Peaks hotel. We opened the door to the smallest lobby on Earth (not that im spending hours in the lobby doing nothing or anything, so I could care less) and asked the manager if there were any rooms open. He seemed rather agitated, and with the time we had him awake, I'm not surprised and I don't blame him for being a bit grouchy. Other than this, he was very friendly. We got to room 101 and opened the door to an EVEN SMALLER guest room with one bed for three people. (There floor was moderately comfortable by the way=P) There was a small sink in the room, a television and a closet. I think the maid was on vacation, but what can you do? All and all, a room for three miserable, tired college kids to sleep in for four hours at an astounding forty dollars is all we could ask of the Twin Peaks, and that's all we got. If your a couple of stupid kids out on the town, over two hundred miles away from home with nowhere to stay at 3 O'clock in the morning, Twin peaks looks like the Hilton.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mourgdance
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I was looking for a cheap central place to spend a week. At a weekly rate of around $ 250 this market street location was a good choice. On the same side of market street with recommended restaurants "home" and "zuni" it is close to also zagat-approved burger-joint "burgermeister" (meaning mayor in german) and a 24hour giant safeway. Do not be fooled by the carpet on first floor - it is rather awful but the worst part of this place. My room on 1st floor all the way in the back (room 21?) was clean, quiet and recently touched over with paint. As are bathrooms and showers - clean and recently painted. TV was there and working okay if not brilliant, and there is supposed to be free wifi internet access - though not working at the time. But there is free access at the safeway - around the clock!
So go there and enjoy your stay!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank KalifornienFreund
California
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I made a reservation for a client on April 29th for a 1-week stay starting April 30th. The female who answered the phone assured me there were rooms available, quoted the rate and took my credit card info. When I arrived with my client to check-in, the same woman (I’m certain) took one look at him and said they never took a reservation and were full. My client is mildly intellectual challenged and has a speech impediment that makes it difficult to understand him, but is clean, sober, friendly and completely able to care for himself. The woman, who identified herself as the owner, said that maybe some unknown person answered their phone and took the reservation and my credit card info, and it was my fault for not asking for a confirmation number. It was obvious to me that she made a quick negative judgment based on my client’s presentation. I plan to file a discrimination suit against the hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
10 Thank Sanfranciscoreviewer

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We decided to stay here because of the great weekly rate. Service was great and loved the location--we ate at a creperie super close by every morning. Don't go there for the ambience, but there's plenty of that at the many places to visit and see in the heart of the Castro! The communal bathrooms were very clean and right across the hall from our room. After sightseeing all day, we fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow~~so why spend a ton on the various amenities usually found at hotels?

• Stayed March 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank earnestine
London
Reviewed October 21, 2008

Myself and a friend stayed at the Twin Peaks hotel for two of our five nights in San Francisco. We were keen to stay in the Castro but didn't book in advance - this would be advised if you were looking to stay somewhere more charming or expensive as the area gets very busy at weekends - we tried four or five places that where all unavailable before finding Twin Peaks.

The guy at reception (we presume the owner) was friendly and helpful after some proprietors in other hotels weren't, so we were made happy. We were offered two rooms for what we would have paid for one at other locations, but we decided to stick with just one anyway ($59 per night plus tax).

The room was basic and out of date, but for that price we weren't expecting much else. It was very clean (and was cleaned during the day to a high standard). Communal showers aren't ideal, but they're in individual rooms which we found fine.

This hotel aint the Ritz and is never going to be - but it is clean and its location is a winner (30 seconds from Church station and right in the heart of the Castro). It's perfect for travellers on a budget who don't spend enough time in a hotel to justify paying big bucks.

• Liked — The location, without a doubt.
  • Disliked — Nothing much.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends