“this place gets a bad rap”
Review of Twin Peaks Hotel

Twin Peaks Hotel
and 1 more site!
Twin Peaks Hotel
Ranked #196 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you have ever spent any time in Europe, this hotel is for you. The are no thrills. The rooms are small double beds with a shared bathroom (4 of each floor 2 shower rooms/2 toilets) they keep these so clean, I have seen then cleaners in there at least 3 times throughout the day and evening. A few rooms have their own bathroom, if you must have it. I find the gentleman who runs the twin peaks to be very funny and willing to help out with whatever you need. I have stayed their over 30 times in the last 5 years. You cant beat the price $69 a night versus $200+ for any other hotel in SF. LOCATION is what its all about, you can walk out your door and catch the vintage F line which goes all the way from Fishermans Wharf to the Castro (which is about a 7 minute walk) you can also walk to lower haight (5 minutes) upper haight (20 minutes) you can be in the heart of the mission (10 minutes) and 2 minute walk to Church st Muni stop, which can get you anywhere you could ever want to go.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the very end of the hall, they have a great breeze and only neighbors on one side
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank 442markc442

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I was going to a car show in Pebble Beach and decided to head up to SF being it so close. I made the mistake of thinking I could just pop in the city and get a hotel. Well the only room I found was $429.00 a night and that was NOT in my budget. So I got on my lap top did some searching and came up with this place. Being Im a "Twin Peaks" tv show fan (No relation) I thought I would check it out. I had stayed at a place years ago like this in San Diego and it was a nightmare, dirty, roaches etc. So I aske to see one of the rooms before I said yes, the staff a little Indian lady and her husband were so nice and helpfull! It is not place to stay with your family, but if your in the city and with friends or your old lady and dont want to pay an arm and a leg for room this place is great! I mean hells bells how can you go wrong with $67.00 a night? The room was clean, and the bathroom I was a little nervous at first, was really clean, and private. They had someone on the floor cleaning all the time. You can walk right out side and catch the F Line Trolly right down to the Wharf! Or rent a bike they will let you store it in your room and ride to the Embarcadero, or wharf. Good stay for me, I have stayed twice now.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank hotrodsbydewey
Reviewed February 19, 2011

My partner and I decided to move back to San Francisco and stayed at the Twin Peaks for 7 weeks. Since we had no jobs or an apartment it seemed to be a good choice. We rented one of the larger rooms in the far back for $325.00 per week. The room was clean and so were the community bathrooms in the hall which were cleaned, daily. There was an outdated TV with a few basic cable channels, the internet is not wireless, so be sure to bring a cat5/NIC cable. The signal is spotty at best and the connection is so horribly bad you are better off going to one of the cafes along Market street where there's free and fast wi/fi. If you are planning to stay there while looking for an apartment be sure you are paying always for two weeks in advance and keep doing that. If you are waiting to the last day they think you are checking out and will give your room to another guest. All in all not bad but not the Holiday Inn, either.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sfkjn73
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I had stayed at the hotel for 3 days trying to find a place to live. Not only were the people rude, but the place was dirt and filthy. I found a used condom under the bed from the last guest . I also realized I couldn't walk passed certain rooms without some guy wanking on his penis or gesturing for me to come in .

This hotel is very low budget , the TV are old , no cable it is a second hand place. I would even watch the beds since you can just smell that they have not updated this place since 1970 when they bought it .

The man and women are rude and unprofessional in every way . They have no idea how to run a business and have no interest in keeping their place up to date. They take advantage of people who can't find a place to stay during gay pride by increasing the rates.

In truth they shouldn't be allowed to run such a dirty place !

Would I recommend this it's not just no .. "ITS HELL NO "

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank rooster1973
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I've stayed at the hotel a couple of times and will not stay there again. While the hotel is decent for the cost, the on-site management are down right mean people with no concept of guests being a customer. They treat you like you're a problem for them.

Second time I stayed was for two weeks and even thought you pay by the week thus checking out and in again, I was provided no room service in between the weeks payed. Unlike a guest that would have checked in after me and been provided a clean room.

Last time I stayed I checked out late, around 4 pm and was told that I could not have my $10 key deposit back because I owed them for another night, even though I was not allowed to stay another night nor did stay another night.

I WILL NOT EVER STAY at this hotel again as long as the on-site family continues to manage the property. They are absolutely awful especially the women.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank 65Dream
Reviewed December 8, 2009

When I first began to write this review, all I could think of were the cons. Then I had to think about it for a moment... My friends and I have never been the sort to plan and plot a trip to anywhere. Its after dark when we get to San Francisco, but we spend the whole time walking around Castro, whoopin' it up Around 2:00 or 3:00 AM, our relentless party energy was failing us and we needed to find a place to stay. "no reservation no reservation no reservation." Until we finally reached the Twin Peaks hotel. We opened the door to the smallest lobby on Earth (not that im spending hours in the lobby doing nothing or anything, so I could care less) and asked the manager if there were any rooms open. He seemed rather agitated, and with the time we had him awake, I'm not surprised and I don't blame him for being a bit grouchy. Other than this, he was very friendly. We got to room 101 and opened the door to an EVEN SMALLER guest room with one bed for three people. (There floor was moderately comfortable by the way=P) There was a small sink in the room, a television and a closet. I think the maid was on vacation, but what can you do? All and all, a room for three miserable, tired college kids to sleep in for four hours at an astounding forty dollars is all we could ask of the Twin Peaks, and that's all we got. If your a couple of stupid kids out on the town, over two hundred miles away from home with nowhere to stay at 3 O'clock in the morning, Twin peaks looks like the Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mourgdance
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I was looking for a cheap central place to spend a week. At a weekly rate of around $ 250 this market street location was a good choice. On the same side of market street with recommended restaurants "home" and "zuni" it is close to also zagat-approved burger-joint "burgermeister" (meaning mayor in german) and a 24hour giant safeway. Do not be fooled by the carpet on first floor - it is rather awful but the worst part of this place. My room on 1st floor all the way in the back (room 21?) was clean, quiet and recently touched over with paint. As are bathrooms and showers - clean and recently painted. TV was there and working okay if not brilliant, and there is supposed to be free wifi internet access - though not working at the time. But there is free access at the safeway - around the clock!
So go there and enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo