“great service, quality delicious cuisine, fun atmosphere”
Review of Bar Tartine

Neighborhood: Mission District
Cross street: 16th and 17th Streets
Transit: MUNI and BART both stop at Mission and 16th Streets
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We loved the attention to detail and the seriousness taken over the quality cuisine without any pretentiousness. The little tasting plates could get expensive if you went mad, but you would go broke in heavenly bliss.

There are newer reviews for Bar Tartine

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had a great dinner, exciting and tasty dishes. The best restaurant we visited on a 17 day trip.
The waiters were very attentive and professional. They could easily charge more, but they don't :-)

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Last night was my first visit to Bar Tartine and I was thoroughly impressed! The menu is Eastern European-style cuisine. We started with the beet and cucumber pickles-- both were delicious. The beets were mild with that nice pickled tartness whereas the cucumbers had a bit of a spicy bite to them. My lamb sausage with eggplant and giant beans was fabulous! The sausage was seasoned so well, I devoured the entire plate. My girlfriends had the nokedli (cheese dumplings) and the lentil tarts (slips my mind what they were actually called) and both were scrumptious. I loved the cheese dumplings and plan to have those on my next visit. The desserts were great too-- we shared the cheesecake and the chocolate torte and fell in love with both. Our server and hostess were lovely-- thank you for the fantastic service! I would highly recommend a visit :)

Reviewed June 29, 2012

To be perfectly honest, I probably would have to google half the menu at this place. But I just decided that 99% of the population probably didn't know what escabesche was either so I resolve not to be intimidated. And I was duly rewarded! The waiter was more than willing to make recommendations and explain what stuff was. One great thing about their menu is all the small plate offerings, which are generous enough to share. All our dishes were fantastic. I loved the vibe. I will definitely go back!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We'd been hearing about Tartine for years and there is always a line outside the door, so we were excited to try Bar Tartine. The atmosphere is very pleasant and we were graciously greeted and seated by the host. The server was average but the wine steward/sommelier was outstanding. We ordered a very unique Georgian wine and were not disappointed. The food was above-average in quality but I think -- overall -- with so many fantastic restaurants to try in SF, we won't return immediately.