“Solid....”
Review of Tres

Tres
Reserve with OpenTable
Tres is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,345 of 5,796 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: 2nd
Transit: Caltrans
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great location, nice place on the inside. Margaritas were good. The food was good as well although I wasn't fond of the a la carte menu. The service really wasn't good though. The waitress showed up to take the order then disappeared.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Tacos were great as were the margharitas, The guac was yummy too. This is a place to go to have fun and enjoy some good mexican food with friends.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went there since it was within walking distance of the SF Giants ballpark , AT&T. It's a large cantina-like place set up for big crowds and it got them, closer to game time. However the food was good , even if somewhat expensive.

The Margaritas are their specialty and we shared a Tres Margarita and a Poncho Villa margarita for starters and weren't disappointed. Then we kind of went overboard on appetizers...the three Lagos empanadas were crispy and spicy and with 3 different and distinct fillings. We each had a soup..the Tortilla de Lima -Habanera-Tomato and Pozole Blanco both with rich tastes. The Lima soup was spicy as expected.

For entrees I had the Three mahi mahi Tacos which were good but unadorned with rice or beans and pricey as such. My wife had the marinated and baked half of a chicken which she liked.

And then off to the game. It was a pleasant experience and I would suggest you use Open Table for reservations if you are going on a game day, and come a little early when the wait staff (which was good) isn't so pressed with patrons.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I guess this place is now simply called ``Tres.'' I went there for the first time in July 2013 and I have to say it was possibly the best Mexican food I've ever eaten. I had the Tres guacamole, the ceviche, and the Pollo Pulquero 18 (rotisserie chicken with salsa, corn, etc.) Everything was absolutely delicious. Cool vibe. Try to go non on a night of a Giants game (very loud) or at least get there after game starts and place empties out. I can't wait to go back and try more things on the menu. Definitely the place to go south of Market for good sit-down Mexican.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Bar is great, best selection of tequila and great service. Unfortunately, the food was marginal. I had pork, it was dry, lacked a good sauce and was forgettable.