“Quite fancy”

Neighborhood: Mission District
Cross street: Mission Street
Transit: BART: 16th Street
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Maverick is very good for special occasions. The food is excellent and well-prepared. We had the Roast Porcini Mushroom and Tennessee Country Ham (outstanding), Baltimore Crab Fluffs, California White Sea Bass with "everything" bagel spices, Lobster Bread Pudding & Smoked Cod, and mac and cheese. For dessert, we had chocolate cookies, which were served warm, light in the middle, crisp on the outside, and totally delicious. The service is very nice. The restaurant is small, but the space feels comfortable, not cramped. I recommend Maverick to anyone who likes comfort food with a special twist.

There are newer reviews for Maverick

Reviewed May 7, 2012

One thing I really wanted to do on my recent trip to San Francisco with my best friend was have a scruptious, easy Sunday Brunch.
I came upon Maverick while searching out restaurants, reviewed their menu and was intrigued.
Well my intrigue paid off! This small restaurant had a wonderful neighborhood vibe and a brunch menu that was just amazing!
I decided upon Duck Confit Hash with sunny side up eggs while my BF John had the Crab Benedict. We toasted our brunch with Strawberry Mimosas and started things off with beignet style Glazed Donuts.
Service was friendly and good humored. Our food was hot and came out with very little wait.
Maverick is a must, especially if you are staying in The Castro, Noe Valley, Mission or SOMA. GO!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Loved the decor, the ambience, the unique menu style. Service was great, and the presentation of the food was lovely. Its a very sociable plate to eat with friends. Unfortunately my palette is not suited to the flavours on the menu. Needless to say the rest of our party loved it, but I found some of the flavours within the dishes incongruous and too strong for my liking.
Pickled, vinegary flavours through green veg and a lemony flavour in corn grits just did not appeal.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Took our family - boys ages 6 and 11 to restaurant. Food and service were exceptional. Waiter was excellent and very knowledgeable on wine pairings. Loved the heirloom tomato salad and the foie gras. Fried chicken was great.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Our son and daughter-in-law live in the neighborhood and took us to dinner here. It's one of their favourite spots and now we know why. From the service, wine list to food everything was terrific. I split the Heirloom Tomatoes appetizer with our daughter-in-law and they were the best tomatoes and dish I've had in a long time. For a main we also split the fried chicken which was yummy and something I rarely eat but will remember! My husband and son had the halibut which was a wee bit dry but very good. Wine was delish too! Waitress was awesome, service excellent, decor terrific, ambiance = great. We will return as we hear the brunch is excellent!

1  Thank Suze215