“Great Tour for the whole family!”

Electric Tour Company Segway Tours
Private Segway Tour - Wharf & Hills of San Francisco
Ranked #1 of 296 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The original San Francisco Segway Tour company. Come glide through San Francisco with us. Segways are easy to learn and fun to ride. We offer 2.5 hour fully guided and narrated Segway tours of the waterfront, North Beach, Chinatown and Golden Gate Park. Choose from 5 fun routes with frequent daily and evening departures. We have 2 convenient locations: Fisherman's Wharf and Golden Gate Park.Our tours are fun and informative. Read our reviews - we love having fun and so do our guests. We offer entertaining and thorough Segway rider training before you depart to explore and learn about the city We guarantee a personal experience with our small groups of 9 or less guests per tour guide.( 8 or less in the Park) Not only are the Segways fun to ride you will enjoy hearing stories, history and tales of the city. Each rider is issued a small radio receiver with a earbud so the tour narration can be heard as you glide from one scenic location to another. We want you to be safe and visible as we travel along many bike lanes so everybody gets (and some dislike) our highly visible and reflective vests. Warm jackets, fuzzy gloves and rain gear are all available at no charge if the fog, wind or rain makes an appearance.All Segway guests must be age 12 and older plus over 100 lbs. (45kg) No pregnant guests. Choose from these tours: Wharf and Waterfront Segway Adventure, Night Segway tour of Chinatown, Little Italy and Waterfront or the official Golden Gate Park Segway Tour. For riders that have been on segway tour before we offer two advanced tours: Hills of San Francisco tour that includes the crookedest street and Telegraph Hill or the Golden Gate Park Advanced Tour. All Segway tours are $ 75.00 per person and advanced reservations are encouraged.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 15, 2011

My mum and dad were at first perplexed by this new fandangled technology, and I could clearly see in my mum's eyes her fear when first learning how to ride the segway. However after the great tutorial and lessons mum and dad were both exclaiming how awesome it all was!

Reviewed January 7, 2011

I was a little worried at first when my husband told me that he had purchased tickets. See, I am a 50 year old woman who can't even ride a bike! What am I suppose to do with a Segway? A machine that can't even stand upright by itself!!! I walked in with butterflies in my stomach. The staff was so nice and informative that after the instruction session, I was actually pretty confident and eager to start the tour. Once the guide led us to the road, the real fun began. The 10 of us were set up in a box shape, 2 rows of 5, and you just cruise down the streets and people on the sidewalks were waving to us. We WERE the attraction!! It was just sooooo cool! We made left turns and right turns, went up hills, then down, then around!! Our guide, Marie, was fantastic!! Please, if you are just like me, a little timid, do not miss this Segway Tour, this could very well be my favorite excursion! And I have done many, many excursions in my 50 years.

2  Thank cornerstamp
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I was a little nervous about the Segway tour before we go there because I'm not the most coordinated and know how San Francisco traffic and streets can be. This tour completely exceeded my expecations and put my mind at ease.

Our tour guide was Marie and she was fabulous! On the basic tour you check out lots of areas down by the wharf, Coit tower, and North Beach (Italian district). We also had plenty of time to stop for photos which was great too.

Reviewed December 27, 2010

My family took the "advanced" Segway tour. After a short refresher course, we spent the next 2 hours touring San Francisco's hills via the segway. What a fun way to see the city! We went up and down the hills and even descended Lombard Street twice! The tour guide, Jeff, was informative as well as entertaining. Our biggest complaint was that the radio system did not always work and it was hard for the riders in the back of the single file line to hear what was being said. Other than that, it was an excellent tour. My sons wanted to do it again the next day!

Reviewed December 26, 2010

What a lovely way to see the hills of San Francisco! We have Segwayed in cities throughout the U.S. and Canada and NOTHING compares to the thrill and pleasure of flowing up and down the hills of The City. Lombard Street is the coup d'etat, the tour de force, the grand coup of the outing, and alone is worth the fare. A great group of guides, great machines, what a thrill !!!