“I seriously considered moving in...”

The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #5 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed January 24, 2006

I recently stayed at the St. Regis over a weekend and all I can say is returning home was depressing. The rooms are absolutely the best in the city. I have stayed at all the majors in S.F. and while the Four Seasons and W are wonderful they just can't compare with the St. Regis. Upon arrival I was upgraded to a suite with a separate living room. There was a 50 inch plasma in the main room, an LCD in the bathroom, and a 42" in the bedroom! The service was timely and not overbearing. The staff at this hotel is extremely friendly. The hotel is quite new and some of the staff memebers seemed a bit awkward in the performance of their tasks (sort of like bieng nervous on a first date) but overall they were very helpful. The LCD controls in the room can take a bit of getting used to but really give you a lot options. From the bed to the TV's and amazing bathroom...I couldn't get enough. While this hotel is pricey, I can't recommend it highly enough and I will be going back as soon as possible.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
14  Thank biznas
There are newer reviews for The St. Regis San Francisco

Reviewed January 20, 2006

My family and I stayed at the St. Regis in San Francisco for 6 days and 5 nights. We had a room with a city view on the 18th floor. Since I was traveling with my wife and my 2 boys, 8 and 11 years old we got a room with 2 queen size beds.

The Good: The service was outstanding and everyone tried to do whatever we needed, when asked. The staff was very helpful with directions and one time we needed a nail clipper and we called the butler service and 5 minutes later the clipper arrived with an emory board. We also called down for a DVD and we received "Escape from Alcatraz" in about 5 minutes after we called the butler.

The realistic: The rooms are beautiful, the beds are extremely comfortable and everything in the room is controlled electronically, black out curtains, drapes, lights, etc. The decor is contempory with neutral colors. The rooms were average size, although for SF they were probably larger than most. The pool was not yet open, so that was a little disappointing for my kids. Also, I did sense that everytime we walked through the lobby that some of the hotel staff were not that thrilled that we had our kids with us.
Location was great. Close to all of the things that we wanted to do in the city.

Overall: Outstanding hotel, great service, but probably not the 1st choice for a family. If you are traveling without the kids or on a business trip probably one of the nicest hotels in SF.

15  Thank fhymson