“THE hotel in San Francisco”

The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #6 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Always my top choice in San Francisco, the St. Regis leaves no stone unturned. The decor is high-end and stylish, but understated – not ostentatious. The service is impeccable.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank David S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,335)

Reviewed July 9, 2009

I love this hotel. Very chic. And the service level is what you would expect from a 5 star establishment. Location is central as it is only three blocks from union square and one from market street. thanks.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank avcask23
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I stayed at this property for one night on a busy weekend in June. Check-in is smooth. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my room has been upgraded to the Corner room on the 19th Floor. The view of the park is very nice and the room is very spacious.

Room: A/C, Light, Curtain all within a touch of a button. Comfortable St.Regis Bed. Thick walls/good sound proof so I can have a good night sleep. There's a small TV in the bathroom too so you can enjoy watching tv while taking a bath. Adequate lighting so you can adjust it to the way you want to be.

Bathroom: Separate Shower/Tub. There's a rainforest style shower but it is a bit weak for my taste. However, it is still very nice for US hotel standard.

Fitness Center: Complete gym with assistant available between certain hours. The Hotel's pool adjacent to the Remede spa is very, very nice. You can order room service and eat over there if you want.

Service: Most items bought up within minutes. Concierge was very helpful in terms of providing directions. One thing I have to mention here is that on the day that I am checking out, the housekeeping lady opened my door without even knock (nor the Do Not Disturb Sign) at 11am despite I had the checkout at 4pm. I should've deadlocked the door but still, with the hotel thats 5*? This should not be happened here and I have called frontdesk in regards to this issue prior to check out and they just said "We will follow up on it, then hung up, seems like they were in a hurry). I have still not hear a word back as of now.

Despite the service issue, I will return to this property and I will update my review once I have received the contact from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank Doraemon79
Reviewed June 26, 2009

I stayed here for a couple of days for business & fun and the location is perfect since you can walk everywhere or easily get a cab. The rooms are nice with a clean design, i also tried the bar, the gym and the breakfast restaurant and it was high quality throughout. The staff members are very friendly but best of all was the concierge that recommended a great restaurant (from asia to cuba i think it was called) and she got us in to the perfect club on a Saturday - this service really makes the difference!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank caetanomi
Reviewed June 12, 2009

I stayed one night at the San Regis for business. The facility is really well kept & the room I had was beautiful - very modern with wood, glass in grey & beige shades. The bathroom is gorgeous.
The only negative feeling was at the front desk on arrival when the Receptionnist told me to wait without greeting me first & not even looing up at me. Apart from this, service was impeccable. Overall, for a Starwood chain hotel, I would say it is a highly desirable place to stay at in SF.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank BluMartini
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Beautiful huge room.
Free bottle of champagne because it was Valentine's Day.
Friendly waiter who brought our champagne poolside (with plastic cups since there's no glasses allowed by the pool).
BEAUTIFUL bathtub, shower and bathroom.
All light, curtain, TV controls on the phone display screen.
Gorgeous view of San Francisco at sunset.
Great bar to catch up with friends.
Yummy restaurant- AME.
Amazing spa with a nice pool, sauna, steam, jacuzzi, great services, MORE CHAMPAGNE!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HotelHeroine
Reviewed May 15, 2009

For my first visit to SF i opted for a 3 nite stay at the St Regis (Fri/sat/sun). I think my overall comment "Nice Hotel" sums up the experience perfectly. It wasn't "Wow/fantastic
got to go back but it wasnt "Avoid at all cost."
The Hotel entrance/Bar is lovely, very trendy, modern and first impressions are excellent. We received a speedy check-in and a porter escorted us to our Metropolitan Suite on floor 10. The suite was nice , very spacious, trendy, comfy bed, large shower, lots of gadgets electric blinds etc...There were a few wear & tear marks on the furniture but no major complaints. The hotel was probably regretting the cream carpet they had
laid throughout the hotel room floors as it was looking dirty and well worn and let the rest of the hotel down.
I agree with some comments regarding street noise but it wasnt all nite just on the odd occasion. I found all the staff really nice from the Doormen , porters, cleaners etc...
Breakfast in the Vitrine restaurant was very nice (a little expensive), and the staff were always friendly and effecient.
Overall i would recommend this hotel however it was my first visit to SF so i have no previous SF hotel experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple