“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The hotel and the staff (especially Irma Gabriel and Karina at front desk - both of who really spent time to get my requests handled) and the concierge staff (who booked alcatraz and helped with transportation) really do a great job. The only downside is the noise- very loud because of construction during the week and festivals during the weekend.

Room Tip: stay away from the construction
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Kenneth B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had our first visit to San Fran for 25th wedding anniversary & chose this hotel based upon other reviews posted on this site. Were not disappointed! The hotel was full with a convention which worked in our favor, we were upgraded to a lovely suite which was available at an early check-in time no less! The staff was all more than helpful in every way. The room extremely comfortable and well appointed. Only minor complaint is the shower's lack of water pressure, but that is probably due to the city - not the hotel. There was one night the hotel was hosting an extremely loud party on the terrace - I mean Loud- when we called front desk to ask about it they told us that they would be quited at 10pm and sure enough at 10pm it became quite, which was good because we had a very early flight out - didn't want to end our trip on a bad note. Would highly recommend this property if staying in San Fran for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Anthony D, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and honored that you chose to celebrate the occasion at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your understanding regarding the event noise in the evening. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit as we hope to welcome you back soon.
Leipzig
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Booked via their website

Checkin: A little bit slow, had to wait for more than 10 mins.
Checkout: Quick and easy

Rooms: Nice room, lot of space, good bed, had a good sleep.

Spa: Very nice. Got here a wonderful massage treatment after a running race. Professional therapist, knows exaclty what you need after a marathon.

Breakfast: Ok, would say: That's American 5* hotel: Healthy, small portions, expansive...

Location: Good: Close to Moscone center.

Overall: Pricey, high comfort, very nice staff. When you can afford it, then go.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Anthony D, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed our spa, guestroom décor, and service. We appreciate your understanding of the delay upon arrival and hope to welcome you back soon.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Wonderful hotel from start to finish. 5 star service.

My room was large, very clean, bed extremely comfortable, and love the rain shower head. I did have a problem with the AC but I called the front desk and they fixed it straightaway. Nice size desk for my laptop.

Location was convenient, quick taxi ride to the ferry building which is where we dined a few nights and Union Square.

Gym has good machines and there was no one in there the few times I went. There is also a Yoga studio (which I did not use).

Lobby bar is nice and great place to grab a drink and relax.

Service was excellent, pleasant and quick.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank minni1331
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Nothing was too much trouble - from check in to the time of departure. Exceptional and consistent quality of service throughout.
Rooms very well appointed and timeless design.
Food quality and value excellent.
Gym is well equipped.
Stayed 3 times over a period of 2.5 weeks - a total of 7 nights , without any issues.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Frequentsunseeker
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent stays at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am pleased to hear that you had a flawless arrival and departure experience, and that you enjoyed your guestroom amenities and décor. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next stay as we hope to welcome you back soon.
Pottstown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

From the curb to the room, service and amenities are superb. Rooms are beautifully appointed. Feels like a luxurious boutique hotel. The staff could not have been more accommodating and the food is top notch-farm to table fresh and creative. Great location too. Concierge service was terrific. Very nice gym, yoga studio and pool. Cool lobby bar.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank kp1612
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed our food, amenities, and location. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and hope to welcome you back to the best address in the near future.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We come out to San Francisco every summer, sometimes in the Fall. The St. Regis has now become the only place we will stay at.

From service to location to Starwood perks, the St. Regis SF gets it ALL right.

Before we arrive, we get welcome emails that we are giddy with excitement anticipating our stay.

Kathleen Vidal the concierge is so knowledgeable and helpful with all things San Francisco. We have been to the city umpteen times but there are always new things and places to discover.

Daniela Cataldo has got to be my favorite St. Regis person in the whole world. She, in my eyes, runs the show and makes everything work like clockwork. She makes every guest, who crosses her path, feel like they're the most important person. She single-handedly turned my husband into the biggest Starwood fan. He now has gone from the Four Seasons, Grand Hyatts, etc, to staying at just Starwood properties.

After our two week stay, my daughter and I went on to Singapore while my husband is off to Beijing. Instead of the usual Grand Hyatt, he's very happy to stay at another St. Regis.

The exemplary customer service Daniela provides does not stop when you leave the property. We travelled to Venice this past spring. It being an important trip with my parents, I called Daniela for some help. We were staying at another Starwood property, The Danieli. Daniela, a native of Italy, helped us talk directly with the hotel and to us, we had the best treatment and the best rooms in the house. My parents, my husband and I will never forget her kindness. Grazie mille!

Yes, this hotel ticks all the boxes. It's sparkly, modern and gorgeous in a great location in San Francisco. We love walking to shops and restaurants that abound in the area. My husband loves walking to his office in the FiDi daily while we are in town. The location is safe. There is a seldom populated beautiful gym on the 5th floor with views for your workout. There is a indoor pool on the 6th across from heaven ie. The Remede Spa!

I could go on and on but it's all been said.

What makes this hotel special for us, like our 2nd home, is the incredibly high level of customer service. We are treated royally. Everyone we come into contact with from top to bottom greets us by name a day or two into our stay. Nothing is too much to ask. They stored bags, medication that needed refrigeration, froze ice packs for us while we took a few side trips. We loved the perk of the hotel car we took to dinner during the week.

The hotel was at maximum occupancy during our stay but you'd never know it. The staff remained friendly and unflappable. They always smiled and greeted us as we walked past the front desk to the elevators or down the hallways.

The butlers at our disposal went out of their way to take care of us all the time. Upon receiving our request for firm pillows, with perhaps nudging from Daniela, they went out to specially buy memory foam pillows for our use. My husband was very taken by the gesture like you wouldn't believe. Thank you Tom, Chen- Shih, Shane, Brando and the rest of the team. You all are wonderful. We are in Singapore now and my daughter realized she left a memory stick behind. Chen-Shih has been on top of things, calling us here with updates. Thank you so much.

Besides the service I have to mention our beautiful upgraded room. It has to be my most favorite space in the world and why I keep saying I could stay in SF forever! I love its modern, sleek, clean lines. My perfect highrise would look like this. I love our massive window views, especially at night when the fog rolls in. So dreamy. I miss our gorgeous room (#911) so much! Thank you to housekeeping for keeping the room immaculate and beautiful day and night.

Compared to almost every hotel I've stayed at worldwide, the gorgeous St Regis bathroom and its heavenly Remede Spa amenities are, hands down, my #1 absolute favorite. The gorgeous bathroom with TV, rain shower, bathtub with lovely bath salts make bath time a pleasure! The amenities from the spa are so sought after. My mother from Singapore asked me to buy her some items she got hooked on from our Thanksgiving stay!

It is truly a vacation, especially for me, when I come here. The hotel is my oasis in the busy city. I can leave it all behind to detach, rejuvenate and relax. We didn't think it was possible but, thank you, St. Regis, for making this trip more memorable than the last.

All this and more will keep my husband, daughter and I coming back to this wonderful hotel in
our favorite city. See you in the Fall!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Beaverhousen
Dear Valued Guest,
We sincerely appreciate your kind words about our hotel and our Front Desk and Butler Service team and thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed your guestroom amenities, fitness center, and spa. We look forward to welcome you back to best address in the fall, but please not hesitate to contact me prior to your upcoming visit.