The St. Regis San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
W San Francisco(San Francisco)
  • Bar/Lounge
Palace Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Mosser(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Hotel Zelos San Francisco(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
Galleria Park Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Room Service
1,376 results
All reviewsbutler servicemetropolitan suiteame restaurantroom serviceblackout shadesfour seasonsmuseum of modern arthouse carrain showerlobby baryerba buena gardenssoaking tubturn down serviceindoor poolcloset spaceluxury hotelmoscone center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed at the St Regis for a meeting at the Moscone Center, and the location was perfect. I was prepared to be in love with this hotel because of my experience with the concierge Antonio before we even arrived. He went the extra mike making suggestions and restaurant reservations for our stay. He even sent me lists of great "hipster" spots. I never got to meet him during our stay, so thank you Antonio!
The food we had at Ame restaurant was very good and perfect after our flight from the east coast. It was fun being taken to our restaurant in a Bentley, the house car, the nights we ate out.
The rooms are very nice but be prepared, this hotel is really expensive. We are Andrew Harper members and we got a perk of a $30 credit for breakfast. However, when an omelette is $32, that doesn't go very far. At reception we were told our high speed wireless would be free, and we were charged 19.95 per day. Everything was corrected very nicely but I am really glad I checked.
The only bad taste I got was with the spa. I called to book a pedicure and 10 minutes later I had a last minute meeting. So I immediately called to cancel a few minutes after I made the appointment and they said they were going to charge me for the entire service. Not cool. You don't want to discourage guests from dropping in and using the spa by making draconian cancellation policies. I can understand if they had to bring in staff to accommodate the service, but this was a last minute thing and I was not a no show.
So if you don't mind the splurge or have a generous expense account, you'll probably love the St Regis.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LisaKnoxville
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us and appreciate your kind words about our Concierge team. I sincerely apologize for your incident with our spa and encourage you to contact me directly so that we may provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

As expected, the room, the service, the experience was perfect. St. Regis does it right. It's expensive , it's modern , but is worth it.
I recommend this place and stay at St Regis SF each time I spend the night in the city.
I recommend the rooms facing the bridge or even facing Mascone center.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you had an exceptional experience with us and appreciate your high recommendation of our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to next visit, as we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The hotel is newer, it's centrally located to market st and the art district. Rooms are very nice, they are modern, the beds are comfortable, and the lounge/bar area is super nice. Make an effort to have the house car (Bentley) take you to your dinner reservation.

Room Tip: There are pay as you go bikes just around the corner from the hotel, if you're active or just like to see the city from a different view point, grab a bike and go for a ride.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We usually spend a few days in SFO before we catch a flight to our home town in Bangkok every year.We prefer the Union Square location as it was convenient to all the shopping outlets and can reach other points as well.On this trip in January ,we decided to try St.Regis trusting the Brand standard and reading favourable reviews.Booking through the hotel website,we requested for good view on high floor.
When we arrived,since the hotel was not as large as we thought,we did not have to wait in line for check in and the service was quite warm and friendly.The front office reception made a point to explain that they did their best to fulfill our request with the front view.The room was quite modern design with all the amenities .Excellent recommendation for places to eat,especially from the Japanese FO who suggested an excellent small Japanese eatery in the theather district but excellent sushi and udon. All in all ,we love St. Regis SFO with its intimate service and small size,a slight draw back is it's further from others from the center of Union Square and takes longer reach by walking.

Room Tip: Request room on high floor facing the front.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelbugX50
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful visit with us during your annual visit to San Francisco. We appreciate your kind comments about our Front Desk staff and your high recommendation of our hotel. I encourage you to contact me directly prior to your next trip to the city, as we hope to welcome you back to the best address in the near future.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Have stayed here on a couple of occasions, most recently two nights in April '14.

The good:
- Stellar customer service and attentiveness
- Spacious rooms, luxurious bathrooms, well appointed and bright rooms

The not so good (not quite bad either):
- I love rainshowers, but their eco-friendly low water pressure rainshowers are rather unsatisfying. So bad that I switched rooms, with the second being only marginally better than the first
- I cannot understand how a premium property in todays day and age does not have easily accessible power sockets by the bedside. Lack of these in both my rooms
- The tech and lighting in the rooms is not intuitive. Had to spend 5 minutes figuring out how to use just the bedside lamps in my room without everything else being turned on.

Overall a decent property. Certainly not the best St. Regis I've stayed at, with some small drawbacks that impact the experience

Room Tip: Corner rooms, high floors, have great views and lots of natural light. Also more spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel staff and service and are pleased that you enjoyed your guestroom décor and amenities. I apologize for the inconvenience due to the water pressure and also the location of the light switch and power sockets. I encourage you to contact me directly to further discuss the details of your stay and how may improve your experience.