“Anniversary”

The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #6 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Check in was smooth and has a Starwood Gold member are room was upgraded to a corner larger room. Very modern with electric drape control along temp, phone and privacy. Separate bath and shower with rain head. Great bath amenities towels etc. we were on the 10th floor so the city view was great. As great as the bathroom was there was only one sink. So my wife and I had to coordinate getting ready. Not a big deal. Free coffee on the 4th floor not as bottled water in the room. Free shoe shine. Valet parking is $54 a night. Typical San Francisco. The whole hotel had a new and modern look and feel. We used points for our stay so the cost was basically parking but this was one of the nicest hotel rooms we have stayed in. We would return. The hotel is downtown near market and a short walk to cable cars, union square and the embarcadero.

Room Tip: Higher floor equals better view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Burnie D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,335)

Reviewed January 11, 2014

i have chooes this hotel as my first stop in my vcations to CA & LV .. (SF-LA-LV-San diago -LA-diesny land - LA-SF) .. I have many pictures of this trip but it my mobile phone was steal..:(

first thing .. the check-in was easy and kindly .. the room is nice clean but too small for what we baid... i like the style modren sample luxury ...

the room service was Disastrous.. i ask for international plug and they said we don't have ..which hotel not have this ? .. asking for ironing and they get it to me after many many time call ..
the food not good in my opinion .
the parking and the internet cost is really really overprice .. as we have jounier suite it should be free wi-fi but no it cost too much !!

the consiage not good at all they always not no , not smaile and as they want to kick you out ... but thery is one lady in conciage very kind very helpfull .. Unfortunately,i forget her name as i wrote it in my mobile which was steal from me :(...

when we came back to SF , we chooes to stayed at fourseasons hotel better location and price.

Room Tip: corner room better view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank QATAR2007
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. While I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the style & décor of the hotel, I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that we may have caused you during your stay. I do hope that you had a good trip to California and Las Vegas, and encourage you to contact me directly so that we may further discuss the details of your stay.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have read about this hotel for years, but rarely travel to San Fran, so I was looking forward to staying at this hotel. I can't honestly say that this hotel has a wow factor, but it did meet my expectations, which were quite high. I did not experience any let downs, and the room was very nice and the location is great. The concierge staff was quite helpful in recommending activities and restaurants for our brief and busy visit. When I did experience a bit of a mix-up with one aspect of the package I booked, the front desk handled it without me having to get ugly, which I really appreciated. When a customer has to get ugly, everybody loses. Thank you, St. Regis San Francisco, for a great stay. I highly recommend this property if your travel budget allows and you are willing to pay a premium for excellence.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marquis70

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that our hotel was on your list of places to visit, and that we were able to meet your high expectations. I appreciate your kind words about our Front Desk & Concierge staff and your patience regarding the mix-up with your hotel package. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit to San Francisco, as we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is a classy joint, which delivers a pleasant and relaxing experience. The service staff is top notch all around-- very professional, helpful attitude, smooth interaction from the time you arrive until you depart. This is the third year in a row we've stayed there, and it has become our favorite place to stay in San Francisco-- never had even a slight negative experience. The Metropolitan suites are very comfortable, and worth the rate if you have family members or friends also staying at the hotel (our older children had their own rooms but it was nice to have a private living and dining area to gather in), or simply if you like to have the extra space to relax or work. The regular rooms are quite spacious and well appointed as well. The decor is modern with flair, the bathroom products (also used in the spa) of very high quality, and the technology touches (remote controlled shades, lights, sounds...) add to the comfort and convenience. The common areas are not very large or as distinctive as more historic buildings like the Palace, but then again this is a smaller hotel with more focused personal attention. The bar area is cozy and makes for a nice meeting place; the main restaurant (Ame) is excellent in its own right. Overall, if you like discreet luxury and appreciate flawless service the St Regis is an excellent choice in San Francisco.

Room Tip: Splurge for a Metropolitan Suite-- wonderful experience, great views, helpful butler service.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a wonderful experience at the hotel, and appreciate your kind words about our staff and the quality of service. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit to San Francisco as we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed at the St. Regis for a week and it is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The service and quality of the hotel lives up to its standards, from the room to the staff. The front desk was so fantastic in assisting me with everything that I needed during my stay. I lost my wallet during my stay and the entire front office staff was very accommodating and assisted in retrieving my belongings safely.

In addition, the location of the hotel is PRIME. It's very close to all the shopping as well as the Bay Bridge and the pier.

I would 100% recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: 1504 has a great view!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and appreciate your kind words about our front desk staff, room décor, and location. We thank you for your recommendation of our hotel and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in December to get away from the Holiday madness and take some time for ourselves. We enjoyed our stay from the time we arrived until the minute we left. The entire front desk staff was absolutely wonderful and the butler service was just outstanding. Thank you, Mr. Fong, for upgrading our room to a suite. The only glitch during our stay was that we had to wait for quite some time before we were able to check in (close to 5 pm).
However the Houston Rockets happened to be staying at the hotel and they were leaving for a basketball game so we got to watch some of the players depart.
Other than that we had a wonderful stay and really enjoyed the huge suite! See you next year!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SLMcKee

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you and your husband had an exceptional stay with us last month and that you enjoyed your suite room. I do apologize for the delay in the arrival process and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time as we hope to see you at the best address in the near future.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed here three times in December. Each stay was for multiple nights and the hotel continues to put out great service and attention to detail. I had a metropolitan suite one stay, which was large and felt like an apartment. I really like the residential feel of these suites--especially the dining area. Another stay I had a smaller Astor suite. These are on the corner above a busier Mission street. So, more traffic and nighttime noise. My final stay was in a corner king room that had a desk alcove. As the largest room, there is some wasted space with the entry hall and the desk alcove. So, not sure it is worth the extra money from a regular room. Room service was good but not astounding. The waygu beef entree from Ame was especially good. Breakfast was standard for a property of this quality but nothing special. In my experience, SPG upgrades have a good chance of clearing here due to the large number of suites. If you don't have it clear, you still might get an upgrade on checkin depending on the numbers of the hotel that night.

Room Tip: Mission street is the louder side of the hotel, with third street a close second. Rooms facing east...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SPGwanderlust
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty as a Starwood Preferred Guest and thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the spaciousness and décor of our guestrooms and suites and delighted that you were able to experience a meal at Ame Restaurant. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit to San Francisco.