“Quick Stay but AWESOME”

The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #6 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Just a one nighter this time around but WOW....they really take care of you. Upgraded us to a corner suite and it was just beautiful. Clean rooms and beautifully appointed. The staff was very professional and helped us out with anything we needed. Great location and beautiful views from the higher floors of this beautiful hotel. Now the kicker......the hotel has a Bentley for your use if it's free. We used it several times and it was awesome!!

Room Tip: beautiful house car for your use!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and appreciate your kind words about our amenities and staff. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit as we hope to welcome you back to Best Address in the near future.

William.fong@stregis.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,335)

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We loved the St Regis. It is in a very convenient location, with super nice and professional staff, and great rooms- especially the bathrooms- as you would expect from a St. Regis. We checked in really early, which was appreciated, as they were obviously really busy that morning. We loved the bed control for the blackout shades and lighting. I did not like how there is not nightstands on both sides of the beds (we stayed in a double room). Our room overlooked the MOMA construction, which they warned us about, but it did not bother us at all. However, we stayed over a weekend; I'm sure it's annoying when it starts up during the week.
We brought our young son, and upon checkin they give him a goodie bag with a coloring and sticker book and a stuffed bear. He loved that. He also enjoyed using the pool, which is definitely a plus for traveling with a young child.
Overall it was a fantastic stay and we hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am pleased to hear that you and your family had a wonderful experience at the hotel and particularly enjoyed the room décor and infinity pool. We appreciate your kind words, and hope to welcome you back to the best address in the near future.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

As an SPG Ambassador traveller I'm usually in an out of countless properties all over the country, The St Regis San Francisco has been the most exceptional "all-around" hotel I've stayed at till date.

Amazing customer service, modern, state of the art rooms and exceptional location. I had an amazing 3 night stay and must say they've won my business.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We appreciate your continued loyalty as a Starwood Preferred Guest and Ambassador and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit to San Francisco. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days on a business trip. Food, room, service, Internet, all best in class. Excellent hotel highly recommend. Location is perfect for traveling for work if you are in finance. Restaurants are great as well. Breakfast is made to order and delicious.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We appreciate your kind words about our food, décor, and our service. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I loved our 2-night stay at the St Regis, everything was sublime. We were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite (starwood gold member) and it was amazing. I called butler service the first afternoon and asked if they could send up a coffee maker. They called back promptly to say they do not have one available at the moment but offered to send up regular or French press coffee. Nice touch and made a lot of points with me since it was comp. Everything is first class at the property! Nice lobby/bar area for hanging out.

We found out on the second morning that the restaurant on the 4th floor has complimentary coffee each morning. Just head down and grab a cup and pour, it's all set up in the entry area. Another plus!

The location cannot be beat, very close to union square and great restaurants. Most cities I get a car but not needed in SF.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us and appreciate your kind words about our Butler Service team. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and amenities, and hope to welcome you back on your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Was intown at the W when I could no longer stand it and walked over to St Regis and asked if rooms were available. I told them why i was leaving their sister property and as an SPG platinum guest, I received a double upgrade to the 1000+ sqft Metropolitan Suite. Exceptionally friendly (not only at check-in), phenomenal service (literally i felt bad about not tipping every time I was assisted, the butler at one point refused to take a tip, explaining it was her job), and prime location (didnt even need to use the house car, a lexus truck) because everything was in close proximity) - what more can you ask for? I am a suite snob, and I want to live here. This property is one of the best, if not the best. St Regis, Ive stayed in across the country.

Room Tip: Ask for Floor 15 or above - the view from every angle is awesome.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chic_Geek_Uno
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us and particularly enjoyed our Signature Butler Service. We appreciate your continued loyalty as a Starwood Preferred Guest and looking forward to welcoming you back to the Best Address on your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Except for the parking!

We stayed here for three nights and it was hands down one of the best hotel experiences. The property is beautiful, the rooms are amazing and the service is unparalleled. I've stayed at many Starwoods (most recently the W in San Francisco - see previous review) and am partial to the Westin for the heavenly beds but the St Regis overall takes the cake.

The check in experience alone was lovely. We were early to check in and she did everything she could to accommodate us - getting us into a better room because it would be available first - how great is that? When there were only 2 double beds available, she even tried to upgrade us so we could get a king. Every person who worked here was completely lovely. The bartenders were awesome, the concierge was super helpful, the cleaning staff did a great job. I love the robes, the slippers - the only things that were missing was chocolate on the pillows (just seemed like a place that would have that) and coffee in the lobby. Otherwise, a four star experience.

As mentioned, the parking was a bit ridiculous. $54 per time you park with no in and out privileges. I don't think I would mind as much if it were for a 24 hour period where you could go in and out. The valets are very into charging you as much as they can for parking - they also charged us a few times for rental drop off and pick up, which the hotel did take off the bill for us. There are many lots around the area that I would recommend parking it - we were just there during the Bart Strike so parking and driving was a bit difficult.

Everything else though was great. I'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple