“Does it get any better than this?”

The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #5 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Was intown at the W when I could no longer stand it and walked over to St Regis and asked if rooms were available. I told them why i was leaving their sister property and as an SPG platinum guest, I received a double upgrade to the 1000+ sqft Metropolitan Suite. Exceptionally friendly (not only at check-in), phenomenal service (literally i felt bad about not tipping every time I was assisted, the butler at one point refused to take a tip, explaining it was her job), and prime location (didnt even need to use the house car, a lexus truck) because everything was in close proximity) - what more can you ask for? I am a suite snob, and I want to live here. This property is one of the best, if not the best. St Regis, Ive stayed in across the country.

Room Tip: Ask for Floor 15 or above - the view from every angle is awesome.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chic_Geek_Uno
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us and particularly enjoyed our Signature Butler Service. We appreciate your continued loyalty as a Starwood Preferred Guest and looking forward to welcoming you back to the Best Address on your next visit to San Francisco.

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis San Francisco

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Except for the parking!

We stayed here for three nights and it was hands down one of the best hotel experiences. The property is beautiful, the rooms are amazing and the service is unparalleled. I've stayed at many Starwoods (most recently the W in San Francisco - see previous review) and am partial to the Westin for the heavenly beds but the St Regis overall takes the cake.

The check in experience alone was lovely. We were early to check in and she did everything she could to accommodate us - getting us into a better room because it would be available first - how great is that? When there were only 2 double beds available, she even tried to upgrade us so we could get a king. Every person who worked here was completely lovely. The bartenders were awesome, the concierge was super helpful, the cleaning staff did a great job. I love the robes, the slippers - the only things that were missing was chocolate on the pillows (just seemed like a place that would have that) and coffee in the lobby. Otherwise, a four star experience.

As mentioned, the parking was a bit ridiculous. $54 per time you park with no in and out privileges. I don't think I would mind as much if it were for a 24 hour period where you could go in and out. The valets are very into charging you as much as they can for parking - they also charged us a few times for rental drop off and pick up, which the hotel did take off the bill for us. There are many lots around the area that I would recommend parking it - we were just there during the Bart Strike so parking and driving was a bit difficult.

Everything else though was great. I'll be back.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

When checked in told had been upgraded to a suit with butler! Hotel is well located, good bar and great rooms with huge walls of windows, however when tried to close blinds (all electrically operated) didn't work, phoned reception who said our butler would come - who didn't. Next day phoned the butler again who said the blinds didn't work in that room, we asked why we were put in this room if known they were broken, but butler was rude then said his manager would come to room - who also didn't come. When we checked out and the receptionist asked if we had enjoyed our stay I mentioned blinds not working and even he said yes they don't work in that room - we never received even 1 apology, so my advice is go for the hotel but don't expect best service and ask to check the blinds when first check into a room! Other complaint is they charge you for WiFi - but there is a Starbucks very close by with free Wifi.

1  Thank HertsAli

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I sincerely apologize for the level of service that you received during your time at the hotel. I appreciate your comments about the inconsistencies in the Butler Service and will address these with our team. We are pleased that you enjoyed the décor, lobby lounge and location of the hotel and I hope that you will contact me directly prior to your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the St Regis. We had an extended stay during an absolutely beautiful October week.
Pros:
Beautiful room with automated shades allowing perfect rest. Our room faced the monscone center-we were not bothered with any construction noise.
Spacious bathroom with excellent water pressure.
Stellar complimentary morning coffee on 4th floor--for those not having time for a leisurely breakfast, this was a welcome find.
Loved the lobby. Well-attended, comfortable, and utilized.
Housekeeping. I've never complimented housekeeping in a review before. The crew is thorough, respectful, and heavy-handed with the towels.
St Regis reservations-absolutely the nicest interaction I have ever had with a booking agent.
Cons:
I expected the front desk and bellhop staff to welcome us by name.
The closet space is minimalistic.
We had a recent staff at the Hilton in Financial District. The St Regis is markedly nicer but the view at the Hilton--wow.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maesmom
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We only stayed one night here but I would definitely recommend this hotel. The staff at reception were the best I have ever encountered. They made us feel very welcome and that nothing was too much to ask for. The suit was amazing .I felt very spoilt ,the private butler service bringing me my morning coffee was .such a treat. The best bathroom ever and all the soaps, shampoos and bath salts were really nice. The continental breakfast was good but I would liked to had a choice of menu instead of being served a bowl of granola which was lovely but my husband wasn't so keen on it. The pool area was nice and the spa looked good .. Just wish I could have stayed longer .If I ever return to San Francisco I would make this hotel my 1st Choice.. The cocktails in the bar were delicious the lavender one was unforgettable

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am pleased to hear that you and your husband had a wonderful time at our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed our Signature St. Regis Butler Service, as well as the room décor and amenities. We appreciate your thoughts on the menu items for breakfast and for the recommendation of the cocktails in our Lobby Lounge. We hope to welcome you back to the Best Address on your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at the St. Regis for a few nights on a recent business trip and was very, very impressed by the hotel. Especially the room finishings. It's a little more contemporary than other St. Regis I've stayed at but I thought it was great. From the very comfortable kind bed, to the large flat screen TV built into a cushioned wall, to remote control of shades and lights, etc., all was excellent and very impressive.

The location was also very convenient. Easy to get a taxi and easy to walk to nearby restaurants, shopping, etc.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to those visiting SF and I certainly plan to return again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and particularly enjoyed our guestroom décor and amenities. I sincerely appreciate your recommendation of our hotel and encourage you to contact me directly prior to your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed last week from Saturday until Monday at the St. Regis with a VIP client and just have great things to say about our experience at this hotel. The rooms are elegant, spacious and clean and the service is very prompt, polite and confidential. The St. Regis team went really out of their way to help us, which is nowadays very difficult to find. All of us had a fantastic experience and are looking forward to returning soon again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you and your client had an exceptional stay with us. I appreciate your kind words about our hotel staff and the décor of the guestrooms. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to San Francisco.