“Outstanding Service and Experience”

The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #6 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I stayed in the St. Regis in March during a sold out week due to a large conference that I was not attending. I normally cannot stay at a 5 star property like this on business, but since it was the only hotel in the area that was available it made since--it was cheaper than taking cabs to and from my smaller conference at a Market Square hotel. I experienced excellent room service--10 minutes in a sold out hotel vs. 40 min (the Waldorf in NYC last week and it was not even sold out). Great wine bar, and excellent reception when checking. They recognized that I was a SPG Gold member and gave me an upgrade, which was nice since I was paying almost $400 per night.

I hope to stay here again. Great location! Great service! Excellent staff!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank peggyplee
Write a ReviewReviews (1,335)

Reviewed June 4, 2008

I've stayed at the St Regis in NYC and found it a bit stuffy, but I loved here. The staff are amazing...very friendly and always willing to help.

The hotel itself has a modern edge and feel to it, but not too modern and small like the W can be. I had a standard room, which was very large and had the full range of amenities.

It was my birthday weekend and they even made a cake.

Ate in the restaurant Ame one night, which was very nice, but of course there are other better restaurants around the city.

The location is pretty good too. Very close to MOMA and only a 5 minute walk to the shops on Market St.

Thoroughly recommend anybody to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2008

After staying here three nights with my mom for a long weekend break, I don't think I want to stay anywhere else but the St. Regis. In the past month, i have stayed in 3 hotels in this city and this one by far, exceeds my expectations.

The entire experience is flawless from the moment they open the doors to you for check-in to the moment they escort you into the taxi to leave. The staff go above and beyond what is required to make sure you are not only comfortable, but pampered. Case in point: I purchased 7 bottles of wine from napa and the concierge was happy to help us pack it really well to make sure it would arrive safely from the flight. The service is attentive but not cloying.

The room we stayed in on the 11th floor was beautiful and large. It had all the techno gadgets one would want (auto drapes, light, temperature controls). The styling is modern and luxurious. The bathroom has a large soaker tub. the small touches were all there - ultra soft towels, crisp white linen, silk pillows, deluxe toiletries. The room was fairly quiet for being in such a central location.

The food at the hotel was wonderful. We ate at Ame one night and it was spectacular. We also at breakfast at Vitrine and the service there was wonderful.

Lastly, the Remede Spa and amenities were to die for. I treated myself to a 60 minute massage and it was one of the best I had ever had. I loved the clean design of the space and having access to the steam room and hot tub were extra touches I enjoyed. Champaign, chocolates and tea are offered in the lounge area.

There were a couple of minor glitches here and there (the power went out temporarily; the doors that separate the bathroom and bed area could not actually close) but i can easily overlook these. I love the St. Regis and can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed May 11, 2008

The St Regis Hotel certainly lived up to my expectations of it. The staff were very welcoming and competent, and the initial impression carried through my entire stay. The room was spacious, clean, modern and well equipped. Everything needed was provided including DVD player, mini-fridge, fax, printer, complimentary water, etc... In hotel restaurants were pricy but quality was very good. All in all the St Regis is not cheap at all, but one never feels that one is not getting value. Highly recommended for business travelers.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank GEERSA
Reviewed May 2, 2008

This was my third stay in this hotel and I would not stay anywhere else in San Francisco. It is modern and stylish without being over the top. Rooms are large and well laid out, with plasma tvs and an electronic control unit for lights, blind and telephone. Spacious bathrooms with great showers and toiletries.

Good service, great bar. The gym and pool are nice but on the small side.

Only down-side is that it is expensive - not for those on a budget.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Very recently enjoyed a 3-night stay at the St. Reg. Booked an Executive Premiere room - beautiful, well-appointed, LARGE accomodations. I made great use of the hotel amenities, ie lap pool, Remede spa, fitness ctr, - all are top notch. Staff is friendly and professional. Def one of the better hotels in SF. I recommend to any traveler wishing to get away.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed April 28, 2008

We just came back from a three-day stay at this hotel, and we enjoyed our stay there very much. The hotel is conveniently located at the center of the city, within walking distance to Market Street (shopping area), the financial district, Chinatown, and Union Square. Their concierges are extremely patient and knowledgeable. The directions from them made our trip so much enjoyable and easier. The restaurant on the 4th floor serves some of the best foods that we have ever had. Our room was goregous with a nice view to the adjacent park and the west side of the city. It has a goregous pool and a great spa with full service. Every small detail, such as the electronically controlled window curtains, the large separate shower, or the full set of in-room entertainment system, shows its sophistication.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family