“Very good hotel in a great city”

The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #6 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was our second stay at the St Regis in 4 years and it was just as good as we remembered.
Very courteous and professional front desk staff, very polite and efficient bell and valet parking staff. The concierge was very accommodating with all our requests. The only complaint I have is there is very limited closet space in our standard room, otherwise the room was very comfortable, bright and roomy. Excellent shower with very good water pressure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us and enjoyed our guestroom décor and bathroom amenities. We also appreciate your kind words about our Front Desk, Concierge, and Valet staff. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to San Francisco.

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis San Francisco

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Upon check-in, I was upgraded to a suite level room, which included the St Regis butler service. Unpacking service was offered, but I declined. Daily complimentary french press coffee was just a phone call away provided by the butler service. A very nice touch! The room size was large and there was enough space to host guests. Very impressive room automation via touch panel technology to schedule a wake-up call, control of the shades and room lights. Bathroom had a beautiful shower and tub. Hotel service was outstanding, as everyday passing by the front counter to the elevators I was personally greated by the staff who had checked-me in. A very special touch.

The lobby bar had a great atmosphere, and I would recommend to non-guests to experience. Breakfast was served daily at Vitrine Restaurant. The AmEx FHR rate included a $80/day credit for breakfast, which was adequate for two people. The property amenity was a $100 spa credit.

Overall, I would stay at this property again and will look for the St Regis brand, just an outstanding 1st experience!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank josephfmessinaDOTcom
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am pleased to hear that you had an exceptional experience at our hotel and enjoyed your suite and the amenities provided by our Signature Butler Service. We are also delighted that you were able to experience our Lobby Lounge and breakfast in Vitrine Restaurant. We appreciate your kind words and hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I always go to San Francisco for my birthday and have stayed in many hotels. As many of you frequent travelers to this city may know, hotels can be small. My room was nicely sized and very comfortable. I loved the chaise lounge by the window with an excellent view. The staff was very professional. It is located in a perfect location for walking and taking in the sights.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you chose our hotel for your birthday festivities in San Francisco. We appreciate your comments about the décor and size of our guest rooms and the excellent service provided by our staff. We hope to see you again next year for your annual celebration.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a most wonderful stay at the St Regis SF. The staff was helpful, accomodating, and very pleasant. I'm a Platinum member with Starwood and have stayed in many properties, but after staying here I don't think I can stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and received uncompromising service from our staff. We appreciate your continued loyalty with Starwood hotels and hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I recently stayed at the St.Regis for work for 3 nights. It was a great hotel and would gladly stay here again if I am able to book it for business travel ( It is expensive for my personal travel). I stayed in an Astor Suite on the 8th floor.

Location: The hotel is located in SOMA at the corner of 3rd St and Mission. It is a few minutes walk to the Montgomery Street BART station. It is a $45-$50 taxi ride from the airport. For my purposes of business it was in walking distance of where I needed to be.

Service: The service is impeccable. Everyone at the hotel is polite and smiling. All hotel employees greet you cordially whenever you walk past. Any request is pretty much honored with a smile. The St.Regis butler service is also a nice touch. While almost too nice and accomodating it was nice having them press my dress shirts free of charge after flying from NY. My butler (Joao) was great. He was a very nice person. I was also able to have tea/coffee delivered to my room in the morning free of charge as this is part of the service.Turn down service at nice was very thorough. When I got home the room was ready for bed.

Room: I had an Astor Suite. The room has a nice sitting room with a desk when you walk in. It is modern and very tasteful. There is a separate bedroom with a nice closet and automatic window shades. The closet was the best smelling closet I haver ever smelled, yes random I know, but they put cedar wood chips in bag. Nice touch I thought. The bed is comfortable, but lots of down pilllows, so if you are allergic as I am you may want to request foam pillows. The bathroom is spacious and has a great rain head shower. There is also a large tub to take a bath. There are plenty of towels and products to try.

Internet: It was free as a SPG platinum, but it is very expensive and allows 3 devices to be connected at once.

Breakfast: Did not eat at the hotel as it was very expensive.

Gym: I actually made it to the gym everyday. The gym is large for a hotel and has ample cardio machines and weights. There is an attendant there who keeps the machines clean, stocked with water and towels and able to address any needs. There are also cool towels and fruit.

Overall, it is a great hotel. There is no arguing that. If someone here wrote a bad review 1) they are either too picky and probably a snob or 2) It was a random occurrence which can happen. I spend between 200-250 nights a year in hotels and I know good ones. You can't go wrong at this hotel, as long as you can afford it. Rooms are $400 plus a night and suites are over $750 a night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We sincerely appreciate your continued loyalty to Starwood hotels, as well as your kind words about our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us, and enjoyed our location, luxurious rooms, and our Signature Butler Service. We hope to welcome you back soon on your next trip to San Francisco.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My family and I stayed at the St. Regis Memorial Day weekend. We had a really nice stay. We were greeted warmly by the front desk. They knew we were traveling with kids and had welcome gifts for my 6 and 9 year old sons. Prior to our stay they sent an email asking if we had any requests since we were traveling with young children. This is the first time a hotel has done this and we usually stay with hotels on par with the St. Regis.

When we got to our room we were greeted with a welcome amenity, and the last night received Rice Krispies treats and milk for my kids. Nice touch. Also my kids loved the robes in their size; they were fun to wear after their luxurious bath. We also took full advantage of the pool, which is something we always use when traveling with our children.

I want to express our thanks to moriah, the concierge. She was both helpful prior to our trip and during. She made some great restaurant suggestions and provided some information regarding getting around the city.

My only real complaint is that I was disappointed to learn that there was a fee for wifi. I felt it should have been free given such an upscale property.

Definitely a property I would go back to!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Beth K

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay our hotel over the holiday weekend. We appreciate your compliments about our Front Desk & Concierge staff and as well as the children’s amenities provided by our Butler Service Desk. We hope to welcome you back very soon on your next trip to San Francisco.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Cheers to Daniela and the staff at the best-in-class San Francisco gem. I cannot wait to return. Great experience and equally terrific value. The quality of the rooms is the best in the city. The bar scene makes a compelling case to leave the terrific rooms. And the stellar restaurant makes a compelling case to leave the bar! While the location doesn't offer some of the stunning views as its well-known competitors, it's perch within walking distance of the business district, the Ferry Building, and MOMA make the location idea for those who want to be in the mix ....................................................

Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We greatly appreciate your kind words about our Front Desk staff, guest room décor, and the food & atmosphere of our Lobby Lounge and Restaurant. We invite you to return in the near future to further experience our hotel at our Reméde Spa and infinity-edge pool. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back soon.