“Great location and Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis San Francisco

The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #7 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great location and Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Expensive hotel right across from the Moscone Center. Great location with lot of food options nearby and walking distance to the trolley. San Francisco 's MOMA also next door. Rooms are well appointed with great skyline view. Common ares are nice but small. Food at both in hotel venues is very good. The best part of this hotel is the amazing and very responsive staff. Would have given this higher rating but limited common areas outside of the bar and the fact this an in city business hotel sorta of keep its ceiling lower. Note great indoor pool is nice but not a lot of things for young kids here, There is a great park across the street for much younger kids at the Moscone Center. The staff was very nice to my 11 year old son who enjoyed his stay here.

I would stay here again , but likely would come here if coming alone or as a couple.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

After our previous hotel let us down (a screw up with the booking - we got the wrong type of room) we moved over the to St Regis. Facilities are top notch as you'd expect at the price - rooms are well appointed, most impressive however is the consistently good level of service.

Like at a michelin starred restaurant, the staff at every level seem to be committed and proud to work here - every request we had was fulfilled with grace and class and when we had a slight misunderstanding over a booking, they took total responsibility for making it right.

Now officially my favourite hotel in San Fran.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The St. Regis San Francisco. There are many options available to you in our beautiful city and we delighted that you chose to stay with us. We take great pride in our service culture and we are happy that we were able to provide a bespoke experience during your time here. We understand challenges arise occasionally and we are pleased to hear that the issue was resolved to your satisfaction. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to welcome you back soon.

William Fong
Hotel Manager
415-284-4057
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed here for just one night but the location in Downtown SF is very convenient to everything. The check in process was easy. Had just a standard room but the layout is really good and the rooms are beautiful. The bathroom has a big soaking tub in the middle of it that can open or be closed off from the rest of the room. The desk and work area was extremely well equipped with everything you needed in just the right place. The bed was extremely comfortable with turndown service and reading light and everything you can need.

This is not the least expensive hotel in the city but if you are looking for a sure thing, this is a great choice.

The only minor complaint I had is the noise from the hallway was quite loud. There wasn't much of it but anytime someone passed by the room or spoke in the hallway it was very easily heard from the bed.

Room Tip: Highest Floor possible, end of the hallway for more quiet.
Worcester, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at the St-Regis for two weeks and had a fantastic time. First of all, the hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of San Francisco. The rooms are beautiful. I ended up with a room on the 20th floor with incredible views of the city. I loved having the bathtub right in the middle of the room ( you can close the doors for privacy), and was able to look at the whole city while making myself clean.
The service is discreet and impeccable. The turn down service is a delight. The decor is very zen and calming. You cannot go wrong with this hotel.

Beverly Hills, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked a great rate using my FoundersCard (I'm also SPG Gold) and was upgraded to a suite on check in. Joao, the butler, was incredibly nice and got two of my things pressed for me. The suite was large and comfortable, they brought me the NY Times in the morning as well as complimentary french press coffee. I used the gym and pool both days. I also made use of the house car service and went to my event in style using their Bentley Flying Spur.

The staff remembered my name and was nice enough to allow a late check out.

I have found my hotel in San Francisco. I will never stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: high floor as always
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

A truly top rate hotel with impeccable taste and service.

My wife an I travel a lot. It is sometimes hard to really reconnect. As such, we take weekend trips with our 3-year old daughter to get away (I know - more travel?!) and spend uninterrupted time together. We booked a suite (using Starwood Points) at the St. Regis. It was, in one word . . . awesome! A truly relaxing and enjoyable weekend.

The best parts of the St. Regis - the service and the service. From the front desk staff to the Butler service staff, everyone is 100% on top of customer service. Each night they would bring a "turn down" food (fruit, cookies with milk, crackers with peanut butter) item for our 3-year old - she loved it. The front desk also had a wonderful gift bag for her with a stuffed bear, crayons, and a coloring book.

Needless-to-say, we will be back. As a Starwood Preferred Platinum ember I must admit that I have become a bit "jaded" (perhaps fatigued is a better word) by hotels. I stay in so many that they all just sort of blur together. Well, the St. Regis has pulled me out of my slumber. This place is fantastic and a must visit hotel if you have a trip to SFO.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room. There is a great deal of street noise. The best floor for a family with...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We strive to create a welcoming and warm environment and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourself at our hotel. We would like to thank you for being loyal to Starwood and the St. Regis brand during your travels. It was our utmost pleasure to have you and your family here for your much needed weekend getaway. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

William Fong
Hotel Manager
415-284-4057
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Very impressed. The room, the service the bar....I felt like I was in Japan not in the States.
THe only drawback was the breakfast. The food is good, but the service is not well organized.
Well, nothing is perfect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business