“Excellent service”

Ranked #7 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Bloomfield, Connecticut
“Excellent service”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here on business, Front desk staff very helpful and provide intuitive service. My room was very clean, housekeeping staff took her time to make sure room is sparkling clean, I thank her very much. I will be back soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with us at The St. Regis San Francisco. We appreciate your delightful comments for our hardworking staff, guest service is of utmost importance to us and we are pleased to hear our Housekeeping Team exceeded your expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit to San Francisco.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Genoa, Nevada
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We spent three nights at the St Regis in San Francisco. The hotel is elegant, yet comfortable. The staff is there to help whenever they can with directions, dining suggestions, and what's going on in the area. Right next door to the SFMOMA and within walking distance of any kind of dining you could wish for. Our accommodations were clean, comfortable and quiet. Lovely place for a getaway

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The St. Regis San Francisco is a great hotel. Centrally located in SoMA, many of the best bars, restaurants, and tourist attractions in the city are within walking distance of the hotel. However, what makes the St. Regis really stand out are the following:

1) The place is just beautiful. Modern clean lines are seen everywhere here from the lobby all the way up to the rooms. And beyond just looking nice, these clean palates are functional as well.
2) The bathrooms are equally beautiful and luxurious; including having one of the best showers I’ve ever had in a hotel.
3) Service at the St. Regis is outstanding. Everyone from the front desk to the doormen go out of their way to make sure guests are having a good time. For example, one night there had been a parade in the city and the doormen couldn't get us a cab. Instead of telling us good luck, he got the house car (a Bentley) to come and drive us to our destination – even though it was a bit farther than the car normally goes, and after its usual hours. This level of service can’t really be expected anywhere, but is most appreciated when it occurs.

In sum, if you’re looking for the best of San Francisco, the St. Regis will more than fit the bill.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Theate3541
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The St. Regis San Francisco. We strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed yourself at our hotel. We are very proud of our property and it delights us to hear that you enjoyed the décor, amenities and the uncompromising service provided by the St. Regis Staff. We hope to welcome you back soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have just returned from spending 3 nights at the St Regis. It was a special trip for my son and I. On arrival they had taken great care to ensure that we were well looked after and had a special welcome of cakes and chocolates which was lovely.
I had taken the Astor Suite which was OK, nice view, very simple decor, no coffee or tea making facilities as you get a butler included but personally i would prefer the freedom to boil a kettle myself rather than wait. what really annoyed me was the fact they wanted to charge me $15 a day for wifi. you do not expect to come to a hotel like this,pay the sort of money you do for a suite to then get ripped off with internet access. I hate to get on the phone when you first arrive and complain about something so small but out of principle i did and they included it, but i shouldn't have to do that.
Breakfast was also not included, they very kindly gave us one morning complimentary, the 2nd morning we went out but the last morning my son was starving so i ordered a glass of apple juice and a tiny basket of pastries which set me back $35, very expensive and certainly small portion for an American breakfast.
My biggest gripe was the staff. I felt that there was a certain snobbiness. Concierge was hit or miss. Some of them were helpful while others were positively unhelpful and reluctant to be enthusiastic about anything, giving us very loose directions and no warmth.
There is a wide choice of hotels in SF the location close to Union Square was good especially at this time of the year but look carefully and check out the extras that are not included!
On a positive note the bed, sheets and pillows were wonderful and they have a great indoor pool that you can use 24 hours a day.
Before I came to this hotel I had booked the St Regis in Florence for April, lets hope we are not dissapointed.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can due to the traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lucy F
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We take great pride in delivering consistent service to all our hotel guests and we would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. Through guest feedback, we can review our process and make the proper improvements. We are happy that you enjoyed your guestroom and our beautiful pool area. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly upon your next visit to San Francisco.

Ithaca, New York
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This property is everything you'd expect - fresh, clean, and modern. The staff is helpful and attentive; my only complaint is that they are a bit too obsequious and "yes sir, of course sir" for my taste. Room service is at the usual exorbitant rates, but drink prices in the bar are "reasonable" by NYC or SF standards.

Meeting spaces are large and modern, with comfortable chairs. For some reason, there are no installed projectors, so you will have to deal with tables and cables. I did not eat at the restaurant, but the lunch catering for the meetings I attended was tasty.

Room Tip: Floor 6 has the pool and smells strongly of chlorine (in the hall, at least). Views from the upper f...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback for your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. Our associates hold themselves to the highest level of customer service and we greatly appreciate your accolades for each and every one of them. After sharing your review with our Executive Chef, he is very honored and humbled by your remarks for the cuisine served during your meeting. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit to San Francisco.
Santa Rosa, California, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2013

What's not to love about this hotel? If I could afford it, I'd move in for good. Extremely-comfortable beds, ceiling heights that are super luxurious and showers that can easily seat 3 (not that I tried). The pool is quiet and serene. There's a private yoga studio that I didn't use this time but if I was here for more than 3 nights I'd definitely use it.

The room service (dinner, snack, breakfast) is always immaculate. Attention to detail and high quality. Everything you'd expect from St Regis. The cheese tray was a perfect afternoon snack with a glass of wine to get settled into the room.

Every staff member I met was extremely friendly and courteous. Head concierge, Antonio and Daniela at the front desk instantly put me at ease with their warm hospitality and humor. Keep up the great work.

I will return!

Room Tip: I think any room would be good. But the Executive Premier rooms are really lovely. I wish I could af...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for expressing your opinions on your most recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. Our associates hold themselves to the highest level of service and we greatly appreciate your kind words about our front office team. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our private dining menu selections including our delicious artisan cheese plate. I do invite you to experience our Remede Spa and private yoga studio on your return visit to our hotel. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I regularly have to go to San Francisco for work and my preferred hotel in the city is the St Regis. Obviously this is not my first time there, but I decided it was time for me to share how amazing is the experience of staying there.

People literally knows your name. From the bell boy to the hostess in Vitrine restaurant. By the way, if you like eggs benedict, you will not find anywhere better. I highly recommend.

Service is impeccable and the rooms are spotless with the best showers in San Francisco. Location wise it is a 10 min walk to Union Square where all the shops are.

In your next visit, treat yourself to a stay there. You will not regret it.

• Stayed February 2013
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on your most recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you are fond of the Eggs Benedict in our Vitrine Restaurant and thank you for the recommendation. We greatly value our loyal guests and sincerely appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in our doors on your next visit to San Francisco.