“The devil is in the details”

The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #6 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at the St. Regis in San Francisco twice and it will not be my last. Like most successful people or businesses, the attention to the details really make-or-break the deal. I was welcomed back with a hand-written "thank you" note along with a beautiful and meaningful assortment of fruit and beverage. The housekeeper makes sure the bed is turned down every night with a new bottle of water at bedside. Ice was promptly brought up to my room at a phone call. The complimentary coffee was not only great tasting but I thought the St Regis logo on the cup-cover was especially unique. Knowing that San Francisco can be prone to rain on any given day, the hotel offers complimentary umbrella. So don't worry of packing one. THe front desk staff is always conscientious of your needs. When I asked to exchange for small bills for tipping and the subway, my bills were carefully laid upon a silver platter and handed to me rather than putting in my hand or counter. Now that was the most impressive thing I've seen any hotel capable of doing. Upon leaving, the door men not only helped with the luggage but offered us bottled water for the road.
While most hotels can offer the comfortable beds and toiletries that are expected of high end hotels, St. Regis understands the essence of personalization and pure class. It is very obvious that the management of St. Regis is the best of its class to instill such ownership of customer service in their employees.

I hope the St. Regis management team reads these feedback. It would be a shame that these values and details are lost at my next stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fourseasonsOhio_11
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. Guest feedback is vitally important to the betterment of the hotel, so we greatly appreciate yours. It pleases me to hear that you are fond of our attention to detail. We pride ourselves in our exceptional service and commitment to excellence, and we are glad to hear that our efforts are appreciated. I am happy to know that we could impress you with our fantastic front desk staff assisting you with a much needed umbrella during our rainy days in the city. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to host you next time you visit San Francisco.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Had the privilege of spending a few days in the wonderful corner Astor Suite at the St. Regis Hotel in San Francisco. Our suite was spacious and very well adorned/appointed stylistically modern offering definitive separation between rooms. Really a perfect configuration with a television in each room inclusive of the bathroom that offered a wonderful soaker tub as well as a shower. With this said, it is simply beyond me that this suite offers a single and rather small closet that cannot possibly accommodate two people's garments intending a weekend getaway?!? Also to note, was the superficial cleanliness with the housekeeping staff not having a careful eye for detail.

Both truly fortunate and unfortunate was the location of the hotel. Fortunate from a wonderful proximity to everything including the SF MOMA point of view and unfortunately disappointing arising from the fact that neither of us could sleep solidly through the night with a continuous rush of emergency vehicles' sirens ablaze and aloud. This was a surprising and disturbing continuous disruption to each nights sleep despite being fifteen stories up from street level.

Additional disappointment arose from the level of service despite having a suite butler; service was definitively available, but one really had to ask for it throughout the stay. However, I must admit that prior to arrival, the hotel did contact us with respect to any special requests or the like and graciously and conscientiously took care of our needs. Furthermore, their spa was exceptional both in terms of service and treatment! One final comment surrounding pricing, while the hotel itself is very fairly priced in terms of accommodation, their food and lounge pricing is quite outrageous especially when it comes to room service.

Otherwise, a nice establishment, but one we would be very hesitant to return to based on the street noise levels that occur consistently throughout the night....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dalecorp

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent experience at The St. Regis San Francisco. I apologize for your disappointing experience with the loud noise and our butler service. We pride ourselves on our unprecedented service, and not meeting those standards is simply unacceptable. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your service in our exceptional Remede Spa. We hope to welcome you into our doors again so that we may prove our commitment to excellence to you.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked a special birthday for a very special friend at the St. Regis Hotel in San Francisco in late October 2012. The St. Regis reached out to me without knowing what a special event this was for me and my companion, introduced their Butler and Concierge services, and asked if they could do anything to provide or assist me with during my stay. After I wrote them to explain what result I was hoping to achieve for my friend, they immediately deployed their entire staff to plan and execute the event. The team delivered on every detail, including flowers, balloons, champagne, and the finest cake from the best bakery in San Francisco. While the birthday girl was out of the room for only five minutes, the team at the St. Regis executed on an unbelievable transformation of my room to give my companion an incredible surprise. I was so concerned about how I was going to pull this off, but the St. Regis went above and beyond my expectations to create what will be a memory for a lifetime. “Best Birthday Ever”, was her direct quote.

Beyond the planning and execution of this event, we also experienced such incredible sensitivity and generosity from the St. Regis in many other ways, from the Butler's personal escort to our room, to a complementary lift across town in the hotel’s Bentley (I asked for a cab, and they offered me their car).

I have been in the customer service businesses for 20 years, yet I have never seen a team who is as organized and genuine as the team at the St. Regis Hotel in San Francisco. I was communicating across multiple work shifts, morning, afternoon, and evening, weekdays and weekends, and the St. Regis effectively managed my project, deliverables, and especially a project lead to all levels and employees. I never felt any concern, nor did I think at any time something would be missed. The team, every employee, was also extremely genuine in their desire to help me and create the experience I was hoping to provide. They really cared, and they expressed their care in so many ways.

It is rare when we have the opportunity to make such a positive impact on someone’s life that will last a lifetime, but the team at the St. Regis did just that. I’m convinced that the way the St. Regis Hotel in San Francisco operates and leads their team, they humbly do this every day.

Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your positive experience with The St. Regis San Francisco. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time at our hotel and that we were able to assist in creating an exceptional birthday for your friend. Your kind review is very much appreciated and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

San Francisco remains one of my favorite cities in California, where St Regis San Francisco remains my favorite hotel in San Francisco. The rooms were in impeccable condition as same as my previous visits and it was very clean and modern. I love the fact that I could simply control the lights, drapes and temperatures with a touch of bottom. Their bed, linens, and towels were very good quality either so I can always count on a good sleep at night. The gym facilities is still one of the best in town, and the pool is what I like the most after long day of work or fun to relax and unwind. I loved the concept of 24 hours pool and its well-kept.

One thing that I would like to thank is the front desk associate Karina. I meant to write this review sooner but I was really busy but I did not forget about her excellent service. She was very professional yet friendly and helped out with my requests in a timely manner. Her work should be recognized and I will definitely recommend this hotel to others when choosing hotels in San Francisco area.
I

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Garden
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy our impeccable room conditions, along with our gym facilities and infinity pool. We take pride in providing exquisite service, and we are even more delighted to know that Karina was able to provide that for you. Karina has been recognized for her hard work and commitment to excellence, and your acknowledgment of her bespoke services is much appreciated. Again, thank you very much for your kind review and we hope to welcome you into our doors again upon your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a great hotel, but could not believe $50 to park your car! Other than that, the hotel staff and concierge were wonderful. Clean, beautiful rooms and comfortable beds. Loved the atmosphere of the lobby bar to enjoy a glass of wine. We walked to the trolley and took it to Fisherman's Wharf. What a fun town!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the St. Regis San Francisco. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional experiences, so I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is what drives us to work hard at providing uncompromising service, and I am pleased to know that our attention to detail and efforts in creating a comfortable experience is appreciated. Again, thank you and we hope to host your host you again upon your next arrival to San Francisco.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I can't say how nice the hotel itself & staff were. It was modern & they thought of everything to make our room comfortable & accessible at the touch of a fingertip. Loved the turn-down service, the speed of the room service & engineers when our TV remote did not work. Indoor pool was beautiful with great views of the city. Food & drinks were excessively pricey but it was to be expected at a property of this caliber. The only negative for us was that the 'house Bentley' was not available until 6pm, so we could not experience that as our dinner reservations were early. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a top floor- great views.
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This St. Regis is modern, clean, nice, and has an in-house spa. Bathroom extremely clean and modern with a great shower and amenities. The bed was very comfy. Everything in the room from the room shades to the lights and climate can be controlled by a tablet device next to the bed, which was very nice. Views from the room were lovely. Pre-arrival concierge service helped us select an incredible restaurant for dinner. Only negative is that doors slammed all night both nights we were there - making it impossible to sleep. I am not sure if this was due to the world series party-goers or what...but, I would think that a 5-star hotel could somehow work on the doors to prevent this from being such an issue. I would have to caution the light sleeper.

1  Thank addax12