“Five Stars All The Way”

The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #6 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed November 5, 2012

San Francisco remains one of my favorite cities in California, where St Regis San Francisco remains my favorite hotel in San Francisco. The rooms were in impeccable condition as same as my previous visits and it was very clean and modern. I love the fact that I could simply control the lights, drapes and temperatures with a touch of bottom. Their bed, linens, and towels were very good quality either so I can always count on a good sleep at night. The gym facilities is still one of the best in town, and the pool is what I like the most after long day of work or fun to relax and unwind. I loved the concept of 24 hours pool and its well-kept.

One thing that I would like to thank is the front desk associate Karina. I meant to write this review sooner but I was really busy but I did not forget about her excellent service. She was very professional yet friendly and helped out with my requests in a timely manner. Her work should be recognized and I will definitely recommend this hotel to others when choosing hotels in San Francisco area.
I

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Garden
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy our impeccable room conditions, along with our gym facilities and infinity pool. We take pride in providing exquisite service, and we are even more delighted to know that Karina was able to provide that for you. Karina has been recognized for her hard work and commitment to excellence, and your acknowledgment of her bespoke services is much appreciated. Again, thank you very much for your kind review and we hope to welcome you into our doors again upon your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a great hotel, but could not believe $50 to park your car! Other than that, the hotel staff and concierge were wonderful. Clean, beautiful rooms and comfortable beds. Loved the atmosphere of the lobby bar to enjoy a glass of wine. We walked to the trolley and took it to Fisherman's Wharf. What a fun town!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the St. Regis San Francisco. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional experiences, so I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is what drives us to work hard at providing uncompromising service, and I am pleased to know that our attention to detail and efforts in creating a comfortable experience is appreciated. Again, thank you and we hope to host your host you again upon your next arrival to San Francisco.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I can't say how nice the hotel itself & staff were. It was modern & they thought of everything to make our room comfortable & accessible at the touch of a fingertip. Loved the turn-down service, the speed of the room service & engineers when our TV remote did not work. Indoor pool was beautiful with great views of the city. Food & drinks were excessively pricey but it was to be expected at a property of this caliber. The only negative for us was that the 'house Bentley' was not available until 6pm, so we could not experience that as our dinner reservations were early. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a top floor- great views.
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This St. Regis is modern, clean, nice, and has an in-house spa. Bathroom extremely clean and modern with a great shower and amenities. The bed was very comfy. Everything in the room from the room shades to the lights and climate can be controlled by a tablet device next to the bed, which was very nice. Views from the room were lovely. Pre-arrival concierge service helped us select an incredible restaurant for dinner. Only negative is that doors slammed all night both nights we were there - making it impossible to sleep. I am not sure if this was due to the world series party-goers or what...but, I would think that a 5-star hotel could somehow work on the doors to prevent this from being such an issue. I would have to caution the light sleeper.

1  Thank addax12
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was a great stay. We usually frequent another luxury brand (4S) but we're glad we chose the St. Regis this time. The room was great - small but lovely decor. The bed was really comfy - a firm mattress for once (I don't like the overly soft beds in most hotels). The room control pad next to the bed was really cool. It's also the little things that make a difference for me - like the bench and razor holder in the shower and the valet on the foyer table to gather jewelry, $$, etc. It makes a hotel stay seem more like staying at home. However the one annoying thing was that there was only one sink in the bathroom - I would expect 2 in a hotel with all the other thoughtful amenities like this one. Overall great place, wonderful service and I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The St. Regis San Francisco. It pleases us to hear that you noticed our attention to detail in the rooms. We take pride in providing a comfortable and luxurious “home away from home” for our valued guests. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

From check in to check out the St. Regis gleans quality. Spacious rooms, great, views and turn-down service that is next to none. I especially liked the fact that all the employees were in tne "mood" and wearing Giants caps!

A wonderful stay.......

Room Tip: Make sure you are on the top floors.....12 and up!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

The feedback on your experience at the St. Regis San Francisco is greatly appreciated, so I want to thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. While we appreciate your kind comments about our spacious rooms and views, we pride ourselves in exquisite service, and your satisfaction of our staff makes me happy. Again, thank you for your kind words and we hope to provide another great experience for you at our hotel.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I don't know why closet space is a pet peeve of mine but the closets were extremely small (even for SF or NYC standards). We ended up spending a lot more (double) to upgrade to a larger room to get more closet space. Rooms did not have an iron so you have to call for butler service. Butler service was fairly efficient though. Nice accommodations and very close to Moscone center, if you are attending a conference.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business