“Very professional, modern hotel.”

The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #6 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights on vacation. The hotel is modern and extremely well kept. Well located. Lobby very nice. The only negatives I can think of is workout room is a bit small and wifi should be included
I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank home9987
Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My party stayed at the hotel for 5 nights in July 2012.

We had an Astor Suite and a superior double room. Both were beautifully furnished. The colour scheme is contemporary and relaxing and the large windows make the rooms very light.

The rooms were very clean and housekeeping was excellent.

The gym is well equipped, although it was too hot for our liking.

The Reception and bar are stylish. The bar appeared to be very popular.

We did not have many opportunities to interact with the staff but when we did then they were pleasant and helpful.

My party was staying in the hotel as part of a holiday and, maybe, the hotel has a feeling of being a business hotel more than a leisure one.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Currently on our second night here at the St. Regis in San Fran. The location is great and is walking distance to lots of shops and food. I have to commend the lady that checked us in, Laura. I've never met such a thorough, polite and professional who has checked us into a US hotel as she was. Usually we see that kind of treatment in our overseas travel but it was such a pleasant surprise to see it here. We've ordered room service twice and when they say what time they will deliver it they will be there right on time! Everything came piping hot and they set up an entire dining area in our room. Our room itself is exactly what you would expect from a St. Regis - plush, luxurious and clean! Would recommend this to anyone in a heartbeat.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed at the St. Regis over the MLK Jr. holiday weekend in January, 2012. The hotel is elegant, sophisticated and the staff was incredible. We worked with Craig Nishi and he was the essence of what the St. Regis bills itself to be: thoughtful, accommodating and professional. Craig helped us with a room upgrade before my family and I had arrived. What a great treat when traveling with a two year-old. Upon arrival, and due to availability in the hotel, Craig had us booked into a very desirable location, met all of our needs during the trip and was a pleasure to deal with. This was our first stay at the San Francisco St. Regis and we will be back because of Craig's exceptional service and the incredible room, food, people and location.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had booked another hotel for an important birthday weekend. That experience was a disaster. Fortunately, we were able to get a room for the remainder of the stay at the St. Regis. The difference could not have been more dramatic. From the moment we walked in the lobby, we felt calm and peaceful. When we got to the room, the first thing we noticed was how wonderful the natural light and openness of the space was. Everything about the St. Regis is elegant and tasteful without being obtrusive or over the top in any way. The bed was very comfortable, the digital room controls very easy to use, the view spectacular, and the bathroom and shower as nice as we have had in any SF hotel. The service was all around excellent, and the fact that it is dog-friendly is the icing on the cake. Definitely will be going back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ericsf7
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The staff at the St. Regis San Francisco made my birthday weekend the very best. The hotel is beautiful and the decor and finishes are world-class. While the textiles, design, and finishes are every bit what one would expect at a 5-star hotel, it is the people that made this property one of the finest in the world. Every staff member from the vehicle attendant to front desk staff to butler made us feel like we were their most special guests.

The indoor pool was a perfect place to unwind, and I managed to fall fast asleep on one of the cool padded benches by a window in the pool room. I used the fitness center both days and it is well appointed and lacking in nothing.

I guess the only knock is that a club sandwich and iced tea in the room was $46- which was amazing when on the menu it was listed at $24 (which is bad enough). You get fee'd to death using room service- that made me feel bad. Coffee at breakfast is $7. The eggs benedict are worth every penny though- highly recommend. Dinner at Ame was superb and also worth every penny.

The butler assisted my wife in having the room set-up for my birthday surprise on our arrival and even had a bottle of champagne and a birthday cake waiting in the room for me courtesy of the St Regis- okay I guess that makes $7 coffee worth it!

Room Tip: Spend the money on the higher floor- it's worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

After a somewhat shaky start to my 3 night stay here, I must say I was very impressed with the overall level of service, comfort, and amenities. The St. Regis is located off Market Street, close to SFMOMA and Yerba Buena Gardens. The decor is of the moment, particularly in the noisy lobby, which has a bar that is popular. The rooms feature muted cream colored tones, separate shower and tub, and toiletteries from the hotel's spa. The gym is well equipped and spotless. My only complaint was the check in. It was a little all over the place. I requested an early check in, and while I did not expect to be granted access at 11:00AM even after a long transcontinental flight, at 3PM the room still wasn't ready after being told twice it was only to be a matter of a few more minutes. The front desk staff seemed bothered when I asked a second time for an update. Other than that, I'd stay here again. The St. Regis lacks the elegance of the Four Seasons or the pedigree of the Nob Hill competition, but it's arguably the city's best hotel at the moment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, they are a little bigger.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business