“Gorgeous!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The St. Regis San Francisco

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #9 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
“Gorgeous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

When we checked into the St Regis, the St Regis butler took us up to our room - an upgrade to an Astor Suite on the corner of the 19th floor for our honeymoon! We were very surprised at the upgrade and also the champagne and chocolates which were in our room. The room was fabulous, very spacious and felt like an apartment rather than a hotel. The whole hotel had this feeling, like you were staying in a beautiful apartment complex rather than a busy hotel. We loved the complimentary coffee & tea each morning brought to our room and every request we had was attended to promptly and with a smile. Thank you to the concierge who helped us with car rental and a day trip up to the Napa Valley. We had room service one night which was delicious, as were the drinks in the lobby bar. I have stayed in many five star hotels but never a St Regis & after this wonderful experience I would definitely look to book a St Regis hotel again. It was just perfect!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank katjmoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Half Moon Bay, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

One of our favorite hotels. The corner suites are very nice, the location is perfect, the décor is fabulous.

Room Tip: Splurge and get a corner suite.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dean-Laura
Flemington, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

I recently needed to stay in San Fran for business and the St. Regis is proximate to my Firm's office. The overall location is fine as well. The Muni station was just a couple of blocks away and the F line just up the street. I was very pleased. Everything I needed for business purposes was available and convenient. I will set aside (well almost) my pet peeve of high end hotels charging for internet when mid-range hotels do not, but that is not unique to the St Regis. Common areas, while very modern, were nonetheless warm and inviting. Service was excellent and friendly.

My room was very comfortable and quiet. The shower is outstanding and the bathroom spacious. When I told the front desk that I was extending my stay and that my wife was joining me for the weekend, they offered to move me into an upgraded room. These folks know how to win your loyalty. Make me look good to my beloved and you get my repeat business in a heartbeat. Plus the room was so pleasant to my wife it resulted in her choosing to use the hotel spa as well.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor - they are very quiet. Plus the corner rooms have great windows and views.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank mbl5283
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

stayed when it just opened. beautiful. great location. great service. excellent restaurant

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about the hotel. We hope that you are able to stay with us again soon.

Regards,
Hotel Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

The luxury brand truly speaks for itself at this San Francisco location. I really enjoyed the ambiance of the hotel. I am a Starwood member and was upgraded to the 17th floor immediately at check-in. Awesome welcome gift, huh?

The bar in the lobby is wonderful and a super nice touch with the fireplace partition. Their bartender was very accommodating and was happy to prepare for me a refreshing non-alcoholic drink (non-drinker myself). The pool as well as the gym were superb. The hotel is located close to Market Street where everything is; the muni also stops in front of this hotel which made it very convenient for my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LuvVacays
William F, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Loyal Starwood Guest and TripAdviser Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at the St. Regis San Francisco. Compliments such as yours are shared with our entire staff and motivates us to continue providing the highest level of service to all of our valued guests. While I am pleased to hear that the physical aspects and location of the St. Regis San Francisco appealed to you, it is your acknowledgement of how our staff accommodated you that is most gratifying to hear.
Please allow us to welcome you back to our address in the near future. It will be my pleasure to assist you in any way possible.

William Fong
Hotel Manager
St. Regis San Francisco
415-748-7100
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stay at this property (a first St. Regis for me), first night in a standard room and consequent 2 nights in an Astor Suite. The whole stay blew me apart.
Having stayed at the MO and FS SF previously, this design and decor of this hotel is definitely more modern and tasteful. The lobby, the lobby bar and AME (their Micheline starred restaurant) are very nicely furnished. The staff greeted me warmly upon checkin and had all my details and documents ready in no time. The standard room was very nice, and the room service I had from AME was definitely one of my best room service meal ever.
The next day I moved to the Astor suite and was introduced to my butler Jenny. She and the butler team was definitely very attentive and responded to my requests swiftly and professionally. The suite itself was very nice, with a big dining table and a spacious living room so when my friends came over it was perfect for a group gathering in the suite. The bathroom in both the room and suite were modern and nicely done (unlikely the relatively old fashioned ones at FS and MO) and the staff at the reception could recognise me by greeting me with my first name, I think a rarity nowadays even in 5 star hotels. I was given the suite on the top floor (20th) which has a very impressive view of the city?

So, FS, MO( soon to be renovated) or the St.R? I think if you like breath taking views, go for MO. Convenience to shopping area/union square, go for FS (Although to be fair St. Regis is only 2 minutes away from the FS). But if you want to have convenience, classy decor,modern technology, world class staff , St. Regis has got it all--I think it will easily be my first choice when I next visit SF. Definitely should try this without a doubt.

One minor point would be that the pillows and mattress slightly on the soft side to my liking

Room Tip: Ask for Top Level room and facing South/Southwest
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank zwgc2
Weston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

St. Regis service is world-class. What makes the biggest difference is the attitude of the staff- cheerful, helpful, will go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable- from the bellman to the butlers!

Room Tip: get a high floor for a better view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business