“Love it!!”

The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #6 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed January 4, 2008

Stayed at this hotel in Dec...last business trip of the year. I travel every week and try to stay at nice hotels, and the St. Regis was no disappointment. It's as clean, nice and upscale as any hotel I've been in. The bar isn't the hippest in the world, but there's a W Hotel a block away if hip is what you're looking for. Overall, the attention to detail, friendliness and helpfullness of the staff, and overall upscale feel of this hotel makes it a true oasis after a long day at work. Take a look at the starwood web site from time to time...they have some great deals...far less than what you might expect to pay.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank traveleveryweek
Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed January 3, 2008

If you like modern design hotel and do not mind so much about practical aspects then this is the perfect place. Every person there is very friendly and helpful.

There was very little hanging closet space in our suite bedroom.
There were no rail to hang the towels to dry after use so they have to
be changed after each use. Extreme waste of energy.

Many minor things that should not happen in a luxury hotel: e.g.
One turn-down they took away the wet towels but did not leave dry ones. Bath soap is too big to fit in the soap dish. One morning they did not clean the breakfast table although I have called them. One morning no newspaper, anothor morning not the one that I have asked.

The swimming pool is very nice. Water is pleasantly warm, but there is
no dressing room to change swim suit after swimming.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Rane
Reviewed January 1, 2008

You know, when you get what you pay for, this is it!.

My husband and I normally dont stay at a more modern hotel, but we were so glad we did. Every gadget you can imagine to make our stay perfecto was a fingertip away. Want the blinds down to make your room pitch black in the middle of the day, just push a button on the side of your bed! Want your butler to run an errand, iron your clothes, or in my case just to come to my room so I can ask his what other people have him do?? (I am not used to butlers).

Wow! This place is way cool. Loved every second of it. Bathroom: cool, Bed: comfy, great pillow. Best of all: all the comforts at your fingertips..........literally. How fun!!! Go treat yourself next time you are in San Fran.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2007

Overall, we enjoyed our weekend stay at the St. Regis in San Francisco. The hotel is very modern and sleek, and the front desk and valet staff are extremely efficient. The location is good, right next to SF MOMA and walking distance to Union Square. Our room (deluxe) was good, but a bit on the small side considering the price point. The flat screen TV and bed were nice, and the bottled water at turndown was also a plus. The one negative was the traffic/street noise.

Some minor points for improvement: prior to our stay, we received an email message from the hotel concierge asking us for any details of our upcoming stay. I really thought this was a nice touch, and so I responded with some of our preferences, such as a NY Times in the morning. However, during our stay, the preferences were not accommodated. While this isn't a big deal, I left wondering why they would bother to ask if they weren't going to do anything about it. One other point was the gym --- it was functional but small --- I guess I expected something nicer for this type of hotel.

Stayed: December 2007
2  Thank travel_blurbs
Reviewed November 25, 2007

The room was great and very functional (too many hotels put style over function). The electronic "command center" was very easy and user friendly. What set this hotel apart was the service. We had them recommend restaurants, make reservations, schedule transportation to the airport, and even shine my shoes. Everything was flawless. The location is convenient. The gym is sufficient and the lap pool is a nice touch.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JAXTRVLR
Reviewed November 22, 2007

The hotel was nice enough. It had a European feel to it, beautiful big furniture, a cozy little arrangement. I couldn't sleep (it was ridiculously noisey all day and night) until I called downstairs and they were nice enough to give me a fan, so then I was finally able to fall asleep. The hotel is so close to Union Square - so if you want to go shopping this is a good location. It's right across from a Walgreens which I found quite convenient as I always buy my water anywhere but at the hotel.
The breakfast is decent, room service just okay, takes quite awhile for it to come up which is fairly normal.
I didn't have any problems with the place, but I just wouldn't stay again b/c I wasn't impressed with San Fran. I was surprised at how dirty it was and all of the bums on the street. I've traveled around everywhere but in San Francisco the bums actually yell at people all the time! Not all of them, but it was pretty significant. The other touristy places I visited were just that. Next time, I'll skip it all and just stay in Sonoma:)

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2007

I travel extensively (investment banker) and was thoroughly impressed with the St Regis in San Fran. Definitely one of the nicest hotels in the country and the service was impeccable. Not sure how anyone could have anything but a great stay there unless that person is impossible to please. But, now that I think about it, my wife had a great stay there too!

Stayed: November 2007